Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maintenance at 1700 feet

On Sep 16, 11:54*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Watch this video. *I'm sticking with my ground job

http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR~RID~15333.asp

I cannot imagine how much these guys get paid, or else they get a couple of
rednecks with a few beers.

That's a damned long climb. Guy must have arms like
steel cables.

Occasionally my husband straps himself into a tyler mount:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=tyler
+mount&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=zXGSTPCkEsOAlAf40KCpCg&sa=X&oi=im age_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQsAQwAw
in the door of a helicopter and goes up to 5000 feet to do some
photography.
At least he's strapped in. (He's got some amazing pictures of
Stonehenge
and the USS Arizona memorial.)

He's found at least one helicopter pilot who's afraid to fly so high--
he
finds it disorienting to be so far from the ground. This guy was
much more comfortable hovering over a roof installing air-conditioning
and stuff like that.

Cindy Hamilton