Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing green moss

On Sep 16, 2:03*am, wrote:
The siding on my garage is just plywood covered with wood stain. *The
stain was wearing out so I'm restaining it. *The bottom few inches of
the wall in some places behind some bushes, has green moss on it. *I
scraped it off, but I think there is still some in the natural low
crevices in the wood. *I did wire brush it too. *But I think I need to
kill this moss before I restain. *Should I just paint some bleach on
the wall, let it sit awhile and hose it off, or is there a better way?

Thanks

A garden sprayer is an easy way to apply bleach, I would spray the
whole wall , you wont know if you have mold on the whole wall till you
see what effect bleach has on it, if its mold you will see the bleach
working by changing to a white foamyness and any mold will go from
black to usualy reddish brown. It possible the whole wall has some
mold on it, it should be then scrubbed or powerwashed off, dont paint
over mold. Stains should have an anti mold additive and you can by
more of a additive, ive found molds to destroy stains in a few years
so keeping it sprayed with bleach once in a while should keep the new
stain lasting longer
Posted to alt.home.repair

Add some dawn soap to your bleach and water solution. It will help the
soluition stick.

--
Airport Shuttle

'' (http://www.yourcityride.com)
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

Removing green moss Han Home Repair 7 September 17th 10 06:33 PM
Removing green moss Bob Villa Home Repair 0 September 16th 10 11:58 AM
Removing green moss harry Home Repair 0 September 16th 10 08:33 AM
Removing Moss From Driveway ? Robert11 Home Repair 6 August 30th 06 05:18 AM
removing moss Craig UK diy 6 February 5th 05 11:16 AM