Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing Moss From Driveway ?

Hello:

Due to shade, etc., I have a fair amount of really healthy moss growing on
parts of my asphalt driveway, and brick walk.

Have scraped some of it off, but it's a rough job.

Was wondering if I spray with a Clorox solution, would this kill the stuff ?
If so, what % to use ?

Also, if dead, will it be more easily removable, with, e.g., just a hose ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Due to shade, etc., I have a fair amount of really healthy moss
growing on parts of my asphalt driveway, and brick walk.

Have scraped some of it off, but it's a rough job.

Was wondering if I spray with a Clorox solution, would this kill the
stuff ? If so, what % to use ?

Also, if dead, will it be more easily removable, with, e.g., just a
hose ?
Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have found it not any easier to remove it dead that alive.

I use a pressure washer to remove it from real masonry. Don't try it
with veneer bricks. Test any area you are going to use it on.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

bleach works great 25% is probably enough

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Due to shade, etc., I have a fair amount of really healthy moss
growing on parts of my asphalt driveway, and brick walk.

Have scraped some of it off, but it's a rough job.

Was wondering if I spray with a Clorox solution, would this kill the
stuff ? If so, what % to use ?

Also, if dead, will it be more easily removable, with, e.g., just a
hose ?
Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have found it not any easier to remove it dead that alive.

I use a pressure washer to remove it from real masonry. Don't try it
with veneer bricks. Test any area you are going to use it on.

I use a string trimmer followed by a chemical base to prevent it from
returning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like a job for a borrowed, rented or purchased pressure washer !

--
Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven's Current Weather
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...er+Haven+33881
. ..

?
If so, what % to use ?

Also, if dead, will it be more easily removable, with, e.g., just a hose ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:
bleach works great 25% is probably enough

But since bleach is cheap, would undiluted be even better?
Or could it cause more damage than the benefit is worth...
Posted to alt.home.repair

blueman wrote:
" writes:
bleach works great 25% is probably enough

But since bleach is cheap, would undiluted be even better?
Or could it cause more damage than the benefit is worth...

Pressure washer is easiest... now, if I could JUST get mine started. grin

Removing Oil Stains from concrete driveway? James Nipper Home Repair 14 March 20th 06 04:33 AM
Driveway drainage Mark UK diy 8 August 2nd 05 01:31 AM
removing moss Craig UK diy 6 February 5th 05 11:16 AM
help, concrete driveway rising up lucy Home Repair 6 November 16th 03 11:32 AM
driveway storm drain getting clogged with dirt Rachel Smith Home Repair 1 August 26th 03 09:14 AM