Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't find ceramic tile toilet paper holder?

Dear Readers,

Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile)
toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he
said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no longer produced."
Any truth to this claim?? Anyone else have difficulty finding??

Thanks
Theodore
Posted to alt.home.repair

"millinghill" wrote in message
Dear Readers,

Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile)
toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he
said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no longer produced."
Any truth to this claim?? Anyone else have difficulty finding??

Thanks
Theodore

Google is your friend found on 4th site down. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

"millinghill" wrote in message
Dear Readers,

Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile)
toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he
said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no longer produced."
Any truth to this claim?? Anyone else have difficulty finding??

Thanks
Theodore

I have no idea, but I'd go to a real tile store to buy one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

millinghill wrote:
Dear Readers,

Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile)
toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he
said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no longer produced."
Any truth to this claim?? Anyone else have difficulty finding??

Oops! A week ago I could have sent you one for free!

Ripped out that ugliness and replaced it with a home-build wooden one,
stained to match the vanity and shower rod.

Since you were so tardy in expressing your needs, the aforementioned ceramic
toilet tissue dispenser went to a landfill where it will remain, unchanged,
until the heat-death of the sun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 15, 12:39*am, millinghill wrote:
Dear Readers,

Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile)
toilet paper holder at Home Depot. *I asked the employee at HD and he
said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no longer produced."
Any truth to this claim?? *Anyone else have difficulty finding??

Thanks
Theodore

Look for a renovation store where they collect old house parts for
rehabs. We have several in my area.

One has literally thousands of bathroom related items from tubs to
toothbrush holders.

If there is a "city" nearby, find out where they are rejuvenating a
neighborhood - rich folk rehabbing the older homes in the original
style. There's usually a couple of house parts stores in those areas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

millinghill wrote:
Dear Readers,

Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile)
toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he
said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no longer produced."
Any truth to this claim?? Anyone else have difficulty finding??

Rule 1: Never ask an orange vest any question you are not prepared to
research yourself.

In this case, I would recommend going to your local tile distributor
(Florida Tile/Daltile/whathaveyou), and asking them. Alternately, going to
a local high-end tile dealer/designer will often get you the same thing (and
you might have to go through them anyway, if your local Daltile won't sell
to you directly).

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

millinghill wrote:
Dear Readers,

Redoing my bathroom tile and can't seem to find a ceramic (tile)
toilet paper holder at Home Depot. I asked the employee at HD and he
said ceramic holders are being phased out and "no longer produced."
Any truth to this claim?? Anyone else have difficulty finding??

Ever visit a real tile store?

I never had a problem. I'm looking at one ready to install right now. Right next
to the tile soap holder.