Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrolux washing machine squealing

I worked on an Electrolux washing machine yesterday. Top load machine,
fairly new.

Customer complaint of squealing, at high speed. Turning the drum by
hand (from inside the machine) produces no noise. Replace the belt.

Still squealing. Any ideas what to look for? My thought is to take the
front panel off, and run it without the front panel. See if it's
possible to locate the squeal by ear.

I've Googled and Startpaged, and no hits for that kind of problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 1:41*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I worked on an Electrolux washing machine yesterday. Top load machine,
fairly new.

Customer complaint of squealing, at high speed. Turning the drum by
hand (from inside the machine) produces no noise. Replace the belt.

Still squealing. Any ideas what to look for? My thought is to take the
front panel off, and run it without the front panel. See if it's
possible to locate the squeal by ear.

I've Googled and Startpaged, and no hits for that kind of problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Belt slip? Check tension or for oil on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, that was my first thought. I replaced the belt
yesterday. And there is a spring loaded tensioner.
So, that's not the problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry"
wrote in message

Belt slip? Check tension or for oil on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Yes, that was my first thought. I replaced the belt
yesterday. And there is a spring loaded tensioner.
So, that's not the problem.

Is the tensioner an idler pulley with a bearing?

I'd check out the drum guides or whatever keeps things in place during the
spin cycle also. I'd do the front panel thing you suggested.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 2, 8:58*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Yes, that was my first thought. I replaced the belt
yesterday. And there is a spring loaded tensioner.
So, that's not the problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"harry"
wrote in ...

Belt slip? *Check tension or for oil on it.

Look for water leak (water on floor) If so, main tub bearing. :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I worked on an Electrolux washing machine yesterday. Top load machine,
fairly new.

Customer complaint of squealing, at high speed. Turning the drum by
hand (from inside the machine) produces no noise. Replace the belt.

Still squealing. Any ideas what to look for? My thought is to take the
front panel off, and run it without the front panel. See if it's
possible to locate the squeal by ear.

I've Googled and Startpaged, and no hits for that kind of problem.

Bearings on the way out

--
---
zaax
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, the tensioner is a spring loaded idler. Maybe that needs a squirt
of silicone spray for the bearing? I didn't even think of that.
Thanks, a lot. Drum guides (typically nylon) also concern. On dryers,
the drum rollers in back have been known to squeal.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Is the tensioner an idler pulley with a bearing?

I'd check out the drum guides or whatever keeps things in place during
the
spin cycle also. I'd do the front panel thing you suggested.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Worth a look. I'm going back one of these days to diagnose a bit
further. You could easily be right. Thank you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:58:37 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Yes, that was my first thought. I replaced the belt
yesterday. And there is a spring loaded tensioner.
So, that's not the problem.

pump

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm sure that does happen. He hasn't mentioned water on the floor.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"harry"
wrote in message

Look for water leak (water on floor) If so, main tub bearing. :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

Something is on the way out. Thanks, I'll check those.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"zaax"