Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight cordless drills

I see they are only in 18 or 19.2 volts. Wonder what happened to the
12, and 14.4 volt models? I have a couple 12 volters I use for turning
screws, and they have lasted a long time.

Since they often change battery packs, it's a good idea to get a
couple spare batteries when buying a HF tool. That battery pack might
not be available later.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 23, 9:27*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I see they are only in 18 or 19.2 volts. Wonder what happened to the
12, and 14.4 volt models? I have a couple 12 volters I use for turning
screws, and they have lasted a long time.

I don't know, but I suspect that over time you'll see the voltage
increasing on these things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I see they are only in 18 or 19.2 volts. Wonder what happened to the
12, and 14.4 volt models? I have a couple 12 volters I use for turning
screws, and they have lasted a long time.

Since they often change battery packs, it's a good idea to get a
couple spare batteries when buying a HF tool. That battery pack might
not be available later.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Nobody uses 12 or 14.4 volt screws anymore.

While you still have the lower voltage battery packs available, you
should replace all of your 12 and 14.4 volt screws with higher voltage
screws so that you can use the higher voltage drills with them. Once
the 12 and 14.4 volt batteries go away, you'll be forced to use hand
tools on the lower voltage screws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I see they are only in 18 or 19.2 volts. Wonder what happened to the
12, and 14.4 volt models? I have a couple 12 volters I use for turning
screws, and they have lasted a long time.

I don't know, but I suspect that over time you'll see the voltage
increasing on these things.

I love my 24v B&D I bought off the remainder table at Lowes a couple
three years ago. Wish I had bought 2 of them, since it was only 25
bucks. Battery (knock on wood) is holding up well, and I only need to
charge it 3-4 times a year, with occasional use. I dread the snipe hunt
for a compatible battery when the time comes- B&D web site does not list it.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm going with 24 volt screws, so I'll be safe for a while.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03"
wrote in message

Nobody uses 12 or 14.4 volt screws anymore.

While you still have the lower voltage battery packs available, you
should replace all of your 12 and 14.4 volt screws with higher voltage
screws so that you can use the higher voltage drills with them. Once
the 12 and 14.4 volt batteries go away, you'll be forced to use hand
tools on the lower voltage screws.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You can probably send your snipe to Primecell, or get one on Amazon or
Ebay.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:
I see they are only in 18 or 19.2 volts. Wonder what happened to
the
12, and 14.4 volt models? I have a couple 12 volters I use for
turning
screws, and they have lasted a long time.

I don't know, but I suspect that over time you'll see the voltage
increasing on these things.

I love my 24v B&D I bought off the remainder table at Lowes a couple
three years ago. Wish I had bought 2 of them, since it was only 25
bucks. Battery (knock on wood) is holding up well, and I only need to
charge it 3-4 times a year, with occasional use. I dread the snipe
hunt
for a compatible battery when the time comes- B&D web site does not
list it.

--
aem sends...

Off to Harbor Freight [email protected] Woodworking 19 April 4th 09 10:17 PM
Harbor Freight tmurf.1 Home Repair 30 May 26th 06 07:31 PM
Harbor Freight does it again... Pete C. Metalworking 58 January 11th 06 04:36 AM
Harbor Freight DC Jimmy Woodworking 12 November 18th 05 05:11 PM
More on Harbor Freight DC mac davis Woodworking 11 November 22nd 04 08:20 PM