Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low profile LCD mount

I have a low profile mount & would like to put a box directly behind where
the inputs are for the wires so the wires can go directly straight into the
tv.
Waht i need is some kind of cover for the box,can you suggest one ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a low profile mount & would like to put a box directly behind where
the inputs are for the wires so the wires can go directly straight into the
tv.
Waht i need is some kind of cover for the box,can you suggest one ?

http://www.arlcatalog.com/Communicat...ce%20plate.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
I have a low profile mount & would like to put a box directly behind
where the inputs are for the wires so the wires can go directly straight
into the tv.
Waht i need is some kind of cover for the box,can you suggest one ?

Why does the box need a cover? The TV will be in front of it. We've
hung several at work that way- they make all sorts of overpriced
specialty old-work boxes with insets. Personally, I'd be inclined to use
one of those plastic boxes they sell for washing machine feeds to create
an alcove in the wall, and run the feed wires up from the bottom or down
from the top, and have room for nice gentle sweeping turns in the cables
to get the connectors to line up. Get inventive and save a few bucks-
they finance the cheap prices on the TVs by price-gouging on the
accessories and cables you 'have to have to make it work right.' It is
just a glorified computer monitor, and damn near anything will work. You
need a cable path for signal to the screen, and maybe sound going the
other way to you surround sound, and a power outlet. Not seeing the room
you are installing it in, and where the other boxes will sit, it is hard
to make suggestions.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
I have a low profile mount & would like to put a box directly behind
where the inputs are for the wires so the wires can go directly straight
into the tv.
Waht i need is some kind of cover for the box,can you suggest one ?

Just finished doing the above.
Took a couple of old work boxes, cut the backs off at the end of the
tabs for the romex. This allows the box to be mounted in the wall with
the backs open. Got a couple of blank covers and cut out the centers.
You need blanks because the holes for the screws line up with the holes
in the box. Non-blank covers have holes that line up with the device
(outlet, switch,). The covers can be painted to match the walls.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 22, 10:27*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
I have a low profile mount & would like to put a box directly behind where
the inputs are for the wires so the wires can go directly straight into the
tv.
Waht i need is some kind of cover for the box,can you suggest one ?

http://www.arlcatalog.com/Communicat...w-voltage%20ca...

Real nice picture of the "Scoop facing in". ;-)