Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ? Name this molding profile ?

wrote in message
I could use some help IDing this molding and/or the router bit I'd
need to create it.
3/4" x 3/8" decorative, similar to Astragal, but not.
Help keep my wife off my back.
TIA -Bart

http://i42.tinypic.com/2luf05l.jpg

Link doesn't work for me.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

Oops, bad image.
http://i43.tinypic.com/1556mj9.gif
Posted to rec.woodworking

Double Round ?
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:
Oops, bad image.
http://i43.tinypic.com/1556mj9.gif

Try
http://www.paxtonwood.com/Profiles.aspx

There are many other online sources as well.

Probably could come pretty close w/ two passes w/ base/shoe mold or
quarter-round and one w/ bead. Unless have to actually butt directly
against an existing, should be able to come close enough I'd think.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Woodmaster tools sells this profile for their molders (sorry, not a
router shape.) They call it a shelf edge or screen mould.
http://www.woodmastertools.com/PDFs/Shelf_Screen.pdf

1. You might search on those terms to see if you can fnd a router bit
in that profile (not likely I think).

2. You could make it from multiple passes using a half round and a
thumbnail (table edge) profile. I'd probably run the thumbnail cuts
along the bottom edges first, then come back with the half round or
two quarter round passes.

3. You could buy the knife profile and let me run it for you in my
Woodmaster (in Livermore California) or get someone else to do the
same.

On Jun 4, 2:14*pm, wrote:
I could use some help IDing this molding and/or the router bit I'd
need to create it.
3/4" x 3/8" decorative, similar to Astragal, but not.
Help keep my wife off my back.
TIA * -Bart

http://i42.tinypic.com/2luf05l.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the help Gentlemen.

I'm thinking that this might get me close: Probably #3205
https://www.holbren.com/home.php?cat...rt_direction=1
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 4, 5:14*pm, wrote:
I could use some help IDing this molding and/or the router bit I'd
need to create it.
3/4" x 3/8" decorative, similar to Astragal, but not.
Help keep my wife off my back.
TIA * -Bart

http://i42.tinypic.com/2luf05l.jpg

I found that profile at http://www.moldingknives.com/ on page 73 of
their catalog. They list it as "shelf edge"
Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice find.

On Jun 4, 3:44*pm, wrote:
Thanks for the help Gentlemen.

I'm thinking that this might get me close: * Probably #3205https://www.holbren.com/home.php?cat=147&sort=title&sort_direction=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 4, 5:14*pm, wrote:
I could use some help IDing this molding and/or the router bit I'd
need to create it.
3/4" x 3/8" decorative, similar to Astragal, but not.
Help keep my wife off my back.
TIA * -Bart

http://i42.tinypic.com/2luf05l.jpg

How much do you have to do? I'd rough it out with a router and finish
it with a couple of wood molding planes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 5, 2:46*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Very cool thought. You could just cut two rabbits and then use a block
plane to do the round offs.

Yep, or keep eyes open on eBay and at estate sales. The old wood
molding planes are everywhere and they're still reasonably priced for
the most part.

That's one of the things that's "new and improved" - NOT! The old
timer's had a collection of molding planes that would work to build up
pretty much any profile. They'd grab one off of the shelf and it
would be good to go. No setting up and gauging router bits and such.
The "improvement" from the molding planes was the Stanley 55, which
was a "one tool, annoy everybody" type of tool. It took the worst
aspects of hand work and flexible use tools, and blended them into
something with an infinitely wide plane mouth. I've got a couple, but
I'm not using them for anything.

If you're doing production runs every day, production tools are way
faster, but most people aren't doing production runs, and when it
comes time to match a molding the molding planes more than hold their
own in daily usage.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Try to google shelf edge or screen molding. Theres several listings to
order from.

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:14:27 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I could use some help IDing this molding and/or the router bit I'd
need to create it.
3/4" x 3/8" decorative, similar to Astragal, but not.
Help keep my wife off my back.
TIA -Bart

http://i42.tinypic.com/2luf05l.jpg

GE Profile Washer [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 18th 07 01:12 AM
just match ur profile Vicky Home Repair 0 November 25th 06 01:13 PM
Coping a crown molding with a dentil profile Perry Templeton Woodworking 8 November 10th 06 05:46 PM
Profile cutting Chantel Metalworking 1 October 7th 05 06:33 PM
GE Profile Refrigerator last1 Home Repair 1 July 12th 05 01:09 AM