Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT a little more BP

OT a little more BP

Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the
black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time."

They took off that commercial, I figured, because people complained
they never do anything perfect. At the very least everyone knows they
don't do things perfect every time. There's no need to say it.

But in the last two weeks, they now have a white guy who says "We may
not be perfect every time." That's worse. "We may not be." Now
they're not even sure that sometimes they're not perfetd.

I think they're hoping evryone forgot everthing they did wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
OT a little more BP

Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the
black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time."

They took off that commercial, I figured, because people complained
they never do anything perfect. At the very least everyone knows they
don't do things perfect every time. There's no need to say it.

But in the last two weeks, they now have a white guy who says "We may
not be perfect every time." That's worse. "We may not be." Now
they're not even sure that sometimes they're not perfetd.

I think they're hoping evryone forgot everthing they did wrong.

BP's done a great job of demonstrating a little rule of mine: Some accidents
are so nasty that they should never be allowed to happen. If they do happen,
it's because someone totally didn't give a damn, and that's just a half a
step from meaning the mishap was intentional. Too bad the law doesn't see
things this way.

Sort of like leaving a child in a hot car until he/she dies.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:42:36 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I think it does to a large extent. What you desribed was "gross
negilgence" The civil penalties are either different from negligence,
or they exist when the other party is negligent too (or something like
that.)

But you remind me of another point. The 20 billion dollars BP agreed
to pay was to be paid in yearly 4 billion dollar payments, for 5
years. But not even the first payment has been made, and the guy who
went down there to disburse the money** has no money to disburse --
they haven't paid any -- and people are still losing their homes and
businesses. **the one who had done the WTCenter disbursing and the
families were very satisfied with how he had done it)

Sort of like leaving a child in a hot car until he/she dies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
OT a little more BP

Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the
black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time."

They took off that commercial, I figured, because people complained
they never do anything perfect. At the very least everyone knows they
don't do things perfect every time. There's no need to say it.

But in the last two weeks, they now have a white guy who says "We may
not be perfect every time." That's worse. "We may not be." Now
they're not even sure that sometimes they're not perfetd.

I think they're hoping evryone forgot everthing they did wrong.

I'm with you. If they're going on TV before millions of people at the very
least they could use proper English.

A thing may be "perfect" (an adjective), but something is done "perfectly"
(an adverb). "We will perfectly make a perfect thing."

In addition to engineers and safety experts, BP needs copywriters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
mm wrote:
[...]

And it's a "British" Petroleum. ******s!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 15, 3:31*pm, mm wrote:
OT a little more BP

Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the
black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time." *

They took off that commercial, I figured, because people complained
they never do anything perfect. *At the very least everyone knows they
don't do things perfect every time. *There's no need to say it.

But in the last two weeks, they now have a white guy who says "We may
not be perfect every time." *That's worse. *"We may not be." *Now
they're not even sure that sometimes they're not perfetd.

I think they're hoping evryone forgot everthing they did wrong.

If I drove recklessly and kill someone I would go to jail for
manslaughter. If a CEO drives his company recklessly and kills someone
he goes on to retire and start his own business.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
On Aug 15, 3:31 pm, mm wrote:
OT a little more BP

Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the
black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time."

They took off that commercial, I figured, because people complained
they never do anything perfect. At the very least everyone knows they
don't do things perfect every time. There's no need to say it.

But in the last two weeks, they now have a white guy who says "We may
not be perfect every time." That's worse. "We may not be." Now
they're not even sure that sometimes they're not perfetd.

I think they're hoping evryone forgot everthing they did wrong.

If I drove recklessly and kill someone I would go to jail for
manslaughter. If a CEO drives his company recklessly and kills someone
he goes on to retire and start his own business.

=====

You forgot..."....takes a generous severance,...."

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:24:01 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

mm wrote:
OT a little more BP

Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the
black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time."

They took off that commercial, I figured, because people complained
they never do anything perfect. At the very least everyone knows they
don't do things perfect every time. There's no need to say it.

But in the last two weeks, they now have a white guy who says "We may
not be perfect every time." That's worse. "We may not be." Now
they're not even sure that sometimes they're not perfetd.

I think they're hoping evryone forgot everthing they did wrong.

I'm with you. If they're going on TV before millions of people at the very
least they could use proper English.

A thing may be "perfect" (an adjective), but something is done "perfectly"
(an adverb). "We will perfectly make a perfect thing."

That was almost surely my mistake. I noticed it but didn't want to
put more effort into the post.

In addition to engineers and safety experts, BP needs copywriters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:

I'm with you. If they're going on TV before millions of people at
the very least they could use proper English.

A thing may be "perfect" (an adjective), but something is done
"perfectly" (an adverb). "We will perfectly make a perfect thing."

In addition to engineers and safety experts, BP needs copywriters.

And it's a "British" Petroleum. ******s!

Sorry. They changed their name sometime back. There is no "British
Petroleum".

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 21:32:59 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

JimT wrote:

I'm with you. If they're going on TV before millions of people at
the very least they could use proper English.

A thing may be "perfect" (an adjective), but something is done
"perfectly" (an adverb). "We will perfectly make a perfect thing."

In addition to engineers and safety experts, BP needs copywriters.

And it's a "British" Petroleum. ******s!

Sorry. They changed their name sometime back. There is no "British
Petroleum".

They're considering changing back to Amoco, however, or whatever
Standard Oil branch they once merged with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
JimT wrote:

I'm with you. If they're going on TV before millions of people at
the very least they could use proper English.

A thing may be "perfect" (an adjective), but something is done
"perfectly" (an adverb). "We will perfectly make a perfect thing."

In addition to engineers and safety experts, BP needs copywriters.

And it's a "British" Petroleum. ******s!

Sorry. They changed their name sometime back. There is no "British
Petroleum".

The intials of "BP" BP Global are taken from their former name. They only
shortened it.

I'm surprised I have to point this out. "B" for British and "P" for
Petroleum. Get it? Do you need further explaination? g

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
JimT wrote:

I'm with you. If they're going on TV before millions of people at
the very least they could use proper English.

A thing may be "perfect" (an adjective), but something is done
"perfectly" (an adverb). "We will perfectly make a perfect thing."

In addition to engineers and safety experts, BP needs copywriters.

And it's a "British" Petroleum. ******s!

Sorry. They changed their name sometime back. There is no "British
Petroleum".

The intials of "BP" BP Global are taken from their former name. They only
shortened it.

I'm surprised I have to point this out. "B" for British and "P" for
Petroleum. Get it? Do you need further explaination? g

Jim

Their pretty new trademark has me convinced that they're an excellent
company. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
JimT wrote:

I'm with you. If they're going on TV before millions of people at
the very least they could use proper English.

A thing may be "perfect" (an adjective), but something is done
"perfectly" (an adverb). "We will perfectly make a perfect thing."

In addition to engineers and safety experts, BP needs copywriters.

And it's a "British" Petroleum. ******s!

Sorry. They changed their name sometime back. There is no "British
Petroleum".

The intials of "BP" BP Global are taken from their former name. They
only shortened it.

I'm surprised I have to point this out. "B" for British and "P" for
Petroleum. Get it? Do you need further explaination? g

And SPAM stands for SPiced hAM. But there is no product on the shelves at
your local A&P (which stands for Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company) called
"Spiced Ham."

There is no company called "British Petroleum."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

There is no company called "British Petroleum."

Right. And there is no city called "Los Angeles." It's "El Pueblo
Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula."
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 06:50:23 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

There is no company called "British Petroleum."

Right. And there is no city called "Los Angeles." It's "El Pueblo
Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula."

That's true. In reruns lf L.A. Law, they're calling it El Pueblo
Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula Law.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 15, 3:31*pm, mm wrote:
OT a little more BP

Remmber my complaint a month or two ago about the commercial with the
black guy, who said, "We won't do things perfect every time." *

Wrong. He should have said "perfectly". Adverb modiifying the verb
"to do".

They took off that commercial, I figured, because people complained
they never do anything perfect.

Oh, I thought they complained because of the grammatical error g

*At the very least everyone knows they
don't do things perfect every time. *There's no need to say it.

But in the last two weeks, they now have a white guy who says "We may
not be perfect every time."

Grammatically correct. Adjective modifying the pronoun "we".

*That's worse. *"We may not be." *Now
they're not even sure that sometimes they're not perfect.

I think they're hoping evryone forgot everthing they did wrong.