Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trying to get rid of dirt

On Aug 4, 4:41*pm, "h" wrote:
"CWLee" wrote in message

m... "desgnr" wrote:

Trash company won't take it.

It may not take it all at one time, but a shovel-full of
dirt, in a box or bag each week, will probably not even be
noticed or provoke any problem.

Wow! How small is your trash can? I can fit at least a cubic yard of dirt
into my trash can.

Wow! A 200 gallon trash can?! That must be some fun to carry out to
the curb. ;-)

And, more to the point, why on earth would you ever want to get rid of dirt?
Do you have a postage stamp sized yard? Do you never do any gardening,
raised beds, landscaping? Amazing. I have just over an acre and I need to
BUY dirt several times a year. Like a truckload, not just some bags.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 4, 11:12*pm, FlavorFlav wrote:
"desgnr" wrote :

I tried Craigs list
Trash company won't take it.
Any ideas how to get rid of it ?
I wonder is there any negative reasons to puting it under my deck ?
The amount of dirt i have is were i dug it to make a flower bed.
The area is 200Sq. ft. by about 3 inches deep.
Another idea is to spread it out on my lawn & run over it with my Toro
mulching mower ,do you think that would work ? Would the dirt disolve
in the lawn.

I appreciate your ideas

Advertise it as sexy dirt.

Get some dirt on your politicians. A couple of yards more won't be
noticed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 00:35:10 -0400, aemeijers wrote:
I've pushed it a few times, but I generally only
have a foot or two in the dumpster, so they let me slide some.

How do you get rid of the other body parts? ;-)

No rural run here - we haul our own to the dump every few weeks. Not sure
what they'd do if I were to show up there with a bunch of dirt. When I
was overseas the trucks weighed the cans as they lifted them, I believe.
There was talk of putting microchips in every (council-issued-and-
sanctioned) can, too, so they could try to track who was doing what. Glad
I don't live there any more...

cheers

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 04:12:47 +0000, FlavorFlav wrote:
I appreciate your ideas

Advertise it as sexy dirt.

Ha ha! Leave it out in the sun first - sexy, hot, naked dirt. Downright
dirty dirt, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 11:53*am, Roy wrote:
People pay a fortune for good topsoil and this guy wants to get rid of
it? He is making a big mistake. Now his "flowerbeds" are made up of
the poorer sub-soil and are now lower than the surrounding grass. A
good rain and everything gets flooded out. He needs a short course in
gardening. Many gardeners like raised beds for flowers.

The guy is either a f*cking idiot, or a f*cking troll.

Either way, he's not worth the time and effort to respond to.

(BTW, this is a response to Roy, not to the f*cking idiot/troll that
started this thread. Roy is worth the time and effort to respond to.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 00:35:10 -0400, aemeijers wrote:
I've pushed it a few times, but I generally only
have a foot or two in the dumpster, so they let me slide some.

How do you get rid of the other body parts? ;-)

No rural run here - we haul our own to the dump every few weeks. Not sure
what they'd do if I were to show up there with a bunch of dirt.

Since it's soil and not a washing machine, 3 rusty bed frames and 38
half-full cans of ancient paint, they probably wouldn't say a word about it.

How much dirt in a wheelbarrow salad Home Repair 17 October 8th 19 01:44 AM
Where's my dirt going? Nate Zigler Home Repair 10 November 23rd 07 03:13 PM
got dirt? bud[_3_] Home Repair 0 October 29th 07 12:08 AM
Fill dirt? Pounds on Wood Home Repair 5 April 21st 05 06:57 PM
How much dirt in a load? Oscar_Lives Home Repair 2 October 3rd 04 11:56 PM