Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Holey motor, Batman!

I'll admit, I don't remember who suggested it. Dufus, or Bub? Drill a
hole or two in a motor, to allow for cleaning or lubricating.

Today I pulled apart a dehumidifier, which I'd picked off the curb for
a friend who needs one. The fan didn't spin. So, I used the new idea
recently learned. Turns out to be much easier than taking the whole
dehum apart, and dissemble the motor. Some cleaner went in, and then
the berrings loosened up. And then the special oil for electric
motors, and the motor was good.

Of course, the unit was low freon, so that had to be inflated, also.

But, thanks for the tip on motor lube. Saved me an hour or so of
dissembly.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus