Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Holy Crap, Batman!

Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do with home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 11:46 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
SteveB wrote:
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do with home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

Well, there's at least one that isn't.

Now there's two.

Make it three

LOL, four.

Raise you five.

This is much more fun than ranting about Nancy Pelosi et al.

Kinda like when we told campfire stories and one person would start, say a
few sentences, then the next would take over, and it would take off from
there.

I guess we've solved the problems of the world, and now we can quietly
return to fixing things around the house.

If only they would listen to us .......................... sigh

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do with
home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

Well, there's at least one that isn't.

Now there's two.

Make it three

LOL, four.

Raise you five.

This is much more fun than ranting about Nancy Pelosi et al.

Kinda like when we told campfire stories and one person would start, say a
few sentences, then the next would take over, and it would take off from
there.

I used to love doing that when we were kids, course I loved a lot of things
when I was a kid. I agree about the Pelosi thing, give me a plugged toilet
any day. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 19, 2:44*pm, "Cheri" wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do with
home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

Well, there's at least one that isn't.

Now there's two.

Make it three

LOL, four.

Raise you five.

This is much more fun than ranting about Nancy Pelosi et al.

Kinda like when we told campfire stories and one person would start, say a
few sentences, then the next would take over, and it would take off from
there.

I used to love doing that when we were kids, course I loved a lot of things
when I was a kid. I agree about the Pelosi thing, give me a plugged toilet
any day. :-)

Cheri- Hide quoted text -

OK, I'll start.

Nancy Pelosi is sitting on a plugged toilet, when suddenly...

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 19, 2:44 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do
with home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

Well, there's at least one that isn't.

Now there's two.

Make it three

LOL, four.

Raise you five.

This is much more fun than ranting about Nancy Pelosi et al.

Kinda like when we told campfire stories and one person would
start, say a few sentences, then the next would take over, and it
would take off from there.

I used to love doing that when we were kids, course I loved a lot of
things when I was a kid. I agree about the Pelosi thing, give me a
plugged toilet any day. :-)

Cheri- Hide quoted text -

OK, I'll start.

Nancy Pelosi is sitting on a plugged toilet, when suddenly...

....a little boy walks by. As is the innocent nature of little boys, he
asked his father, "why is that big pile of...."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 19, 3:06*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:02:32 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On Aug 19, 2:44*pm, "Cheri" wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
[...]

Next time there are no off topic posts for a time, it would be nice if
everybody resists the urge to comment upon it.

What a bunch of two year olds.- Hide quoted text -

Good job keeping the thread alive!

What age would that make you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 19, 2:44 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
[...]

Then Barney Frank shows up and says, "Nancy, you really need that stretched
out. Allow me............"

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

10, by my count.

thoroughly enjoying the thread,

jc

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Next time there are no off topic posts for a time, it would be nice if
everybody resists the urge to comment upon it.

What a bunch of two year olds.

I see you couldn't resist either, though I would have thought you were older
than two.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

At least the plugged toilet can be solved in the next few
minutes, and won't cost billions of dollars.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Cheri" wrote in message

I used to love doing that when we were kids, course I loved
a lot of things
when I was a kid. I agree about the Pelosi thing, give me a
plugged toilet
any day. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cheri" wrote in message
wrote in message

Next time there are no off topic posts for a time, it would be nice if
everybody resists the urge to comment upon it.

What a bunch of two year olds.

I see you couldn't resist either, though I would have thought you were
older than two.

Cheri

You will have to pardon Salty. He is either under the age where one
acquires a sense of humor and participates with others to play games, or
he's just a crusty old fart who has lost (or never had) his sense of humor,
and is unable to play well with others (of any age).

Salty is on my do not answer list. And, contrary to his own words, is a
heavy participant in OT discussions.

HTH

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Holy Crap, Batman! It's a story!

I used to love doing that when we were kids, course I
loved a lot of things
when I was a kid. I agree about the Pelosi thing, give me
a plugged toilet
any day. :-)

Cheri- Hide quoted text -

OK, I'll start.

Nancy Pelosi is sitting on a plugged toilet, when
suddenly... a minor staffer, a 15 year old page girl rushes
into the bathroom. She knocks, timidly on the stall, and
asks "Chairman Pelosi?" Nancy rumbles grunts, and lets out
an explosive bodily function. She replies "That's the
respect those damn military idiots should give me. Now, what
do you want?"

The page replies timidly "Chairman, m'aam, President Obama
is on the red phone. He would like......"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Salty has stinky underpants.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:02:32 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

OK, I'll start.

Nancy Pelosi is sitting on a plugged toilet, when
suddenly...

Next time there are no off topic posts for a time, it would
be nice if
everybody resists the urge to comment upon it.

What a bunch of two year olds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:59:12 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
wrote in message

Next time there are no off topic posts for a time, it would be nice if
everybody resists the urge to comment upon it.

What a bunch of two year olds.

I see you couldn't resist either, though I would have thought you were
older than two.

Cheri

You will have to pardon Salty. He is either under the age where one
acquires a sense of humor and participates with others to play games, or
he's just a crusty old fart who has lost (or never had) his sense of humor,
and is unable to play well with others (of any age).

Salty is on my do not answer list. And, contrary to his own words, is a
heavy participant in OT discussions.

HTH

I'm impressed. I'll bet your mother told you you were a genius.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do with home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

This group is pretty good at ignoring things which are off topic. And that
is the trick. They don't get attention, then they go away. I think a lot of
people here are a bit older and more mature?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bill" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do with home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

This group is pretty good at ignoring things which are off topic. And that
is the trick. They don't get attention, then they go away. I think a lot
of people here are a bit older and more mature?

And I think they are just too busy fixing and doing things to sit at a
computer all day and answer all the political threads in all the newsgroups.
It's nice to have a life!

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cheri" wrote in
:

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Frank" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

m... On Aug 19, 11:46 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
SteveB wrote:
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do
with home
repair. I think I need to lie down.

Well, there's at least one that isn't.

Now there's two.

Make it three

LOL, four.

Raise you five.

This is much more fun than ranting about Nancy Pelosi et al.

Kinda like when we told campfire stories and one person would start,
say a few sentences, then the next would take over, and it would take
off from there.

I used to love doing that when we were kids, course I loved a lot of
things when I was a kid. I agree about the Pelosi thing, give me a
plugged toilet any day. :-)

Cheri

Pelosi thing, give me a plugged toilet any day.

There's a difference???
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in
:

"Cheri" wrote in message
wrote in message

Next time there are no off topic posts for a time, it would be nice
if everybody resists the urge to comment upon it.

What a bunch of two year olds.

I see you couldn't resist either, though I would have thought you
were older than two.

Cheri

You will have to pardon Salty. He is either under the age where one
acquires a sense of humor and participates with others to play games,
or he's just a crusty old fart who has lost (or never had) his sense
of humor, and is unable to play well with others (of any age).

Salty is on my do not answer list. And, contrary to his own words, is
a heavy participant in OT discussions.

HTH

Uh oh! Here comes the "Your Mother..." slams.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote in
:

Cheri wrote:
.
SteveB wrote:
Looking at this morning's list of posts, EVERY ONE has to do with
home repair. I think I need to lie down.

Well, there's at least one that isn't.

Now there's two.

Make it three

LOL, four.

Raise you five.

I have an old broken WalMart watch I sould spam for sale.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

I have an old broken WalMart watch I sould spam for sale.

Wow! On my Walmart watches, the band gives out sooner than the watch.

Long I pondered the merits of replacing the band for $9.95 or the watch (and
band) for $6.95.

After three watches, I bought a Timex band.

If I were any happier, neither of us could stand to be around me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:

I have an old broken WalMart watch I sould spam for sale.

Wow! On my Walmart watches, the band gives out sooner than the watch.

Long I pondered the merits of replacing the band for $9.95 or the
watch (and band) for $6.95.

After three watches, I bought a Timex band.

If I were any happier, neither of us could stand to be around me.

Mine was a WM-673. Always mentioned that to people and nothing else.
They'd like "uh huh" and glance at it. Probably thinking he got suckered
into some watch with a fancy name that looks like it came from WalMart or
something.

Yep, the band broke once on my Wal Mart $6.73 and I put it back together.
A year or so later it broke good so I just kept it in my pocket. Battery
died and I just tossed it. Frikkin' economy...I tell ya. I had to get the
WM-997 model this time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:
I have an old broken WalMart watch I sould spam for sale.

Wow! On my Walmart watches, the band gives out sooner than the watch.

Long I pondered the merits of replacing the band for $9.95 or the
watch (and band) for $6.95.

After three watches, I bought a Timex band.

If I were any happier, neither of us could stand to be around me.

Mine was a WM-673. Always mentioned that to people and nothing else.
They'd like "uh huh" and glance at it. Probably thinking he got suckered
into some watch with a fancy name that looks like it came from WalMart or
something.

Yep, the band broke once on my Wal Mart $6.73 and I put it back together.
A year or so later it broke good so I just kept it in my pocket. Battery
died and I just tossed it. Frikkin' economy...I tell ya. I had to get the
WM-997 model this time.

Just replaced the battery in my 10 year old 20-buck timex a couple
months ago, for the first time. Not field-service-friendly. After the
young lady at the jewelry counter at the local MegaLoMart looked like
she was going to break down in tears after 20 minutes of trying, I
convinced her to break policy and just sell me the damn battery
UN-installed. She had to get her manager's permission. Took it home and
had to take the guts out of the case and remove several tiny screws, to
switch out the battery. They obviously assumed 95% of the owners would
just ****can it and buy a new one. Maybe when this battery dies, I will.

--
aem sends...