Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Right size and place for the central A/C filter

Hi,

I have two spots where I can place the A/C filter. My intake openening
is 20"x30".

However, that only leads to 20"x30"x15" box from which the 20"x15" chute
that goes to the unit comes off. So I can either use a 20"x30" filter
right at the opening or at 20"x15" filter right in front of the chute
that goes to the unit.

What's the better filter size and location to use?

Many thanks in advance!

Sam
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I have two spots where I can place the A/C filter. My intake openening
is 20"x30".

However, that only leads to 20"x30"x15" box from which the 20"x15"
chute that goes to the unit comes off. So I can either use a 20"x30"
filter right at the opening or at 20"x15" filter right in front of
the chute that goes to the unit.

What's the better filter size and location to use?

Many thanks in advance!

The larger the filter area the better. I'd go with the 20x30.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sam Takoy" wrote
I have two spots where I can place the A/C filter. My intake openening
is 20"x30".

However, that only leads to 20"x30"x15" box from which the 20"x15" chute
that goes to the unit comes off.

Larger filter has more surface area and will last longer between changing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2010 8:54 PM, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I have two spots where I can place the A/C filter. My intake openening
is 20"x30".

However, that only leads to 20"x30"x15" box from which the 20"x15" chute
that goes to the unit comes off. So I can either use a 20"x30" filter
right at the opening or at 20"x15" filter right in front of the chute
that goes to the unit.

What's the better filter size and location to use?

Many thanks in advance!

Sam

Use a pleated air filter, they have more surface area.

http://www.furnacefiltercare.com/ple...ir-filters.php

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 9:55*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Sam Takoy" wrote

I have two spots where I can place the A/C filter. My intake openening
is 20"x30".

However, that only leads to 20"x30"x15" box from which the 20"x15" chute
that goes to the unit comes off.

Larger filter has more surface area and will last longer between changing.. *

not only that, the large filters cost the same as smaller filters, so
you get longer life for the same $$$

Where is the filter for the Central AIr? [email protected] Home Repair 8 May 13th 08 01:42 AM
odd size a/c filter? wal Home Repair 9 August 7th 07 04:11 AM
Swimming pool filter size help. Wes Home Repair 3 August 10th 06 03:59 AM
pool filter size? [email protected] Home Repair 4 June 8th 06 09:14 PM
Pool Filter Wiring Size Ron in NY Home Repair 1 June 28th 05 01:02 AM