Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mitsubishi Mini-Split Ductless Air Conditioner

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 2 ton Mitsubishi ductless
air conditioner (MR-series, called "Mr. Slim") and am wondering if
anyone has any opinions of this equipment based on actual experience.

My specific concerns would be reliability, ease of service, parts
availability, durability, and things of that type. I am quite convinced
that the cooling performance, capacity, noise level, SEER / efficiency,
and other technical performance issues are well understood and have no
concerns in these areas.

I am mostly trying to see if anyone who has used / owned this type of
equipment has discovered any surprises. The DC compressor, inverter,
and other design features have been around for quite a while and have
been extremely popular in Asia and Europe for many years, so I am NOT
questioning these points, but I would like to know if others have run
into unexpected problems.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smarty wrote:

[...]

I've not installed any personally, but I have stayed at places using
them or the LG equivalents and they have performed well. I will likely
be installing one of the two in the next year or two for a small
building.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smarty wrote:
[...]

Hi,
I had one in my daughter's condo out of town when he was in university.
Never had any trouble for four years until she finished school and
back home. The condo was sold then. Rhe size of condo was ~1200 sq. ft.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

Smarty wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tony and Pete for your replies. All the comments I have seen so
far on this forum and elsewhere seem to indicate that the Mitsubishi
ductless split system is a good choice. I'm going to order the unit
tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:32:51 +0000 (UTC), "Smarty"
wrote:

Thanks Tony and Pete for your replies. All the comments I have seen so
far on this forum and elsewhere seem to indicate that the Mitsubishi
ductless split system is a good choice. I'm going to order the unit
tomorrow.

Check for tax credits. I seem to recall it qualifies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Thanks Tony and Pete for your replies. All the comments I have seen
so far on this forum and elsewhere seem to indicate that the
Mitsubishi ductless split system is a good choice. I'm going to
order the unit tomorrow.

Check for tax credits. I seem to recall it qualifies.

Yes, indeed! Some of them with high enough SEER/EER ratings do qualify
as do the cooling/heating versions which have a heat pump.

30% tax credit makes it more enticing to do it sooner rather than
later, and hence my interest....!!