Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Mitsubishi Mini-Split Ductless Air Conditioner

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 2 ton Mitsubishi ductless
air conditioner (MR-series, called "Mr. Slim") and am wondering if
anyone has any opinions of this equipment based on actual experience.

My specific concerns would be reliability, ease of service, parts
availability, durability, and things of that type. I am quite convinced
that the cooling performance, capacity, noise level, SEER / efficiency,
and other technical performance issues are well understood and have no
concerns in these areas.

I am mostly trying to see if anyone who has used / owned this type of
equipment has discovered any surprises. The DC compressor, inverter,
and other design features have been around for quite a while and have
been extremely popular in Asia and Europe for many years, so I am NOT
questioning these points, but I would like to know if others have run
into unexpected problems.

Thanks for any advice.