Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What to do with a 100' tower?

I'm thinking of buying a property that was once the sight for a local
dish satellite system. My first concern is liability, although it seems
very well built and there is no rust through the galvanized tubing.
It's 100' tall in 5 20' sections with three cables at 3 places around
the tower, total of 9 cables. A view from the top would look like a
triangle, each side about 3' and it appears to be the same size from the
top to the bottom.

I did just find a fairly close sign company with a 120' crane, but today
is sunday so I can't call. I don't know what the tower would cost,
maybe someone would take it for free if they take it down? Maybe it's
worth more?

If it gets expensive I think I could topple the thing one direction
where it is far from any buildings or trees. It actually looks easy
using the cables but that also sounds like a story for the Darwin awards.

Any suggestions appreciated. I thought of renting out antenna space but
I figure it would already be done if anyone was interested.

Looking for suggestions of things to ask or research that I may not
think of. I guess i could leave 20 or 40 feet there and put a TV
antenna on it!