Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What to do with a 100' tower?

On Jul 18, 3:17*pm, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
"Tony" wrote in message

I'm thinking of buying a property that was once the sight for a local dish
satellite system. *My first concern is liability, although it seems very
well built and there is no rust through the galvanized tubing. It's 100'
tall in 5 20' sections with three cables at 3 places around the tower,
total of 9 cables. *A view from the top would look like a triangle, each
side about 3' and it appears to be the same size from the top to the
bottom.

I did just find a fairly close sign company with a 120' crane, but today
is sunday so I can't call. *I don't know what the tower would cost, maybe
someone would take it for free if they take it down? *Maybe it's worth
more?

If it gets expensive I think I could topple the thing one direction where
it is far from any buildings or trees. *It actually looks easy using the
cables but that also sounds like a story for the Darwin awards.

Any suggestions appreciated. *I thought of renting out antenna space but I
figure it would already be done if anyone was interested.

Looking for suggestions of things to ask or research that I may not think
of. *I guess i could leave 20 or 40 feet there and put a TV antenna on it!

If your local paper has free adds you may put it in that for free. *Maybe
some ham radio operators would take it down if given to them.- Hide quoted text -

Craiglist!! Or check the local ARRL hamfest groups, you could make a
ham so happy