Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool filtration -- fine dust

Our well water has high levels of calcium and some
rust. So, while the pool is clean and chemically
stabilized, still water overnight reveals next morning
ultra-fine yellowish powder on the bottom. It is so fine it
goes straight through the sand filter and back into
the pool, making the water cloudy and greenish.
Is there any cure for this, perhaps by causing the
dust to agglomerate so that the sand filter holds it?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs