Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions on Goettl Air Conditioners?

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

A friend is considering buying a home in the Phoenix that has a 4 year
old Goettl air conditioner installed. From having been in the house on
a very hot day, it seems to do a good cooling job. The unit is a 4
ton, 13 seer, roof mounted.

I'm not really familiar the the brand. Can anyone offer experience or
opinions on this?

I've lived in Arizona all my life, and Goettl used to be the #1 brand
of residential central A/C, not just here but for the whole US. They
manufactured their own units, previously in the eastern part of the
Phoenix area, more recently west of Phoenix, near Luke Air Force
Base. Mechanics said they were well designed and built and easy to
work on, and I still see some units that must be from the early 1980s
(fan on top, wire cage sticks up a few inches). However I don't know
if Goettl still manufacturers A/C, at least residential A/C. Also
Goettl seems to be the only large residential A/C contractor that
isn't high pressure, high priced, or shifty, unlike some others with A
+ ratings from the Better Business Bureau. I don't have a Goettl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:21:52 -0700 (PDT), "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

[...]

I have a rental with a Goettl on it from 1971. In 39 years it's only
needed two condenser fan motors and one crankcase heater. Not very
energy efficient by today's standards though.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
I've lived in Arizona all my life, and Goettl used to be the #1 brand
of residential central A/C, not just here but for the whole US. ...

Maybe in AZ and some of the near SW, but certainly not in "the whole
US". As another poster said, I've been in several parts of the US over
60-some years and never heard of them before seeing the name in the
subject of this thread.

Opinions on Goettl Air Conditioners? Lefty[_2_] Home Repair 7 July 15th 10 07:33 AM
Air Conditioners Dottie Home Repair 8 September 8th 07 02:54 AM
Car Air Conditioners [email protected] Home Repair 0 August 16th 07 04:18 PM
new air conditioners stevie Home Repair 10 August 15th 05 04:37 PM