Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions on Goettl Air Conditioners?

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 7/13/2010 12:45 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
A friend is considering buying a home in the Phoenix that has a 4 year
old Goettl air conditioner installed. From having been in the house on
a very hot day, it seems to do a good cooling job. The unit is a 4
ton, 13 seer, roof mounted.

I'm not really familiar the the brand. Can anyone offer experience or
opinions on this?

TIA

Uh, It's the name of a service company.

http://www.goettl.com/

TDD

Sadly, this is happening more and more. Furnace makers are getting their
pop-in logos replaced by the installing dealer, who simply has a similar
plastic logo made-up. Without furnace or a/c equiptment documentation,
you'll be lucky to ever figure out who made the dumb thing. Actually I've
noticed this so much on Goodman brand garbage lately that I think they must
offering to make them up for the dealers themselves. Go
figure.........................

Lefty

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 2:14*pm, "Lefty" wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in ...

[...]

Should be pretty easy to find the manufacturer. Pretty much
everything you come across has electronics in it these days. Look for
the FCC ID and go to fcc.gov to look it up. If not, it's probably UL
listed; same deal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"keith" wrote in message
On Jul 13, 2:14 pm, "Lefty" wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in

[...]

Furnace, condenser and heat pump electronics are usually made by a third
party manufacturer, such as Honeywell, White-Rodgers, or others. Actually,
you'd be surprised how much builder-grade equiptment was made entirely by
sub-contract shops like ICP.

Lefty

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2010 4:38 PM, keith wrote:
On Jul 13, 2:14 pm, wrote:
"The Daring wrote in ...

[...]

Likely that won't yield much since it will only tell you who the gypsy
outfit who builds nameless units bought the various boards from.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:05:04 -0400, George wrote:

On 7/13/2010 4:38 PM, keith wrote:
On Jul 13, 2:14 pm, wrote:
"The Daring wrote in ...

[...]

The UL/CSA/ETL listing should still work. Of course it could *really* be a
fly-by-night outfit and not listed, but it's worth a try.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/13/2010 2:14 PM, Lefty wrote:
"The Daring wrote in message
[...]

The label with the model number and serial will have the manufacturers
name on it. the Goettl website lists several brands of equipment that
they sell and install.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:14:18 -0400, "Lefty"
wrote:

[...]

What's wrong with Goodman stuff?

Old Air Conditioners Steve L Home Repair 8 July 23rd 08 04:27 AM
Air Conditioners [email protected] Home Repair 1 November 3rd 07 06:30 PM
Air Conditioners Dottie Home Repair 8 September 8th 07 02:54 AM