Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under sink water filters

On Jul 8, 11:00*am, "Steve B" wrote:
I want to put an under the sink water filtration system in. *I know there
are reverse osmosis units, and all types of filtration systems. *What is
typical and necessary to get good tasting water, not particularly to trap
particulates.

Can one get an RO system themselves and install it, or is this a captive
market where you have to buy from the major companies and pay big bucks?

Is an RO system overkill, or could one achieve the same results with a
couple of filters in series?

TIA

Steve

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.comwatch for the book

Years ago I did alot of research and settled on Everpure , Our
military, a few airlines, a few fast food chains use them. They are
quality metal brackets with long life cartriges of various types that
remove easily and dont leak, mine is maybe 15 yrs old. I think my last
cartrige was replaced in 07. Of all the units I looked at the 200 and
300 model removed more things and at a higher percentage than others I
looked into. I had RO and junked it since its overkill for my city
water and it wasted about 1.5 gal for every gallon made, so it was a
pain in the ass when I needed alot of water and it was always wasting
water. RO is good for crapy water but the filters are even more
expensive and dont last as long as Everpures system. To know if you
need RO or just a good single stage you need a test done, but if its
city water a single stage should be all you need and keep you healthy.
You city water dept should be of help

Water Filters Jack Allen Home Repair 9 February 21st 11 10:15 PM
Under sink water filters Steve B[_10_] Home Repair 25 July 9th 10 01:59 PM
OT water filters Why? UK diy 16 September 22nd 09 12:51 PM
Pur water filters benick[_2_] Home Repair 4 August 12th 08 06:23 AM
2 water filters for 2x the water pressure - idea and advice Jim Rainfordson Home Repair 4 July 7th 08 05:29 PM