Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Filters

Can someone give me info on home water filters? I need one big enough for
the kitchen sink and ice cube maker. I was thinking of a reverse system
then I read that I shouldn't use it. I have well water. Please answer
either here or off list. Thanks much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone give me info on home water filters? I need one big enough for
the kitchen sink and ice cube maker. I was thinking of a reverse system
then I read that I shouldn't use it. I have well water. Please answer
either here or off list. Thanks much.

Most icemakers recommend against RO systems as they drop the pressure and
can create problems with the fill vales working properly.

What you want is a whole house style filter with a carbon block element to
eliminate bad taste. It is best if you can mount it in the cold water line
that feeds the kitchen and refrigerator. The elements are good for about
three months depending on use and how bad your water is.

Most brands are easily installed with minimal cutting and no soldering.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jack Allen wrote:

Can someone give me info on home water filters? I need one big enough for
the kitchen sink and ice cube maker. I was thinking of a reverse system
then I read that I shouldn't use it. I have well water. Please answer
either here or off list. Thanks much.

The St. Pete Times just ran an article to answer your question. In
general terms, the article suggests
you first find out what is in your water and decide what it is you wish
to filter out of your water.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/con...icle443855.ece

I worry more about running out of the stuff )
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone give me info on home water filters? I need one big enough
for the kitchen sink and ice cube maker. I was thinking of a reverse
system then I read that I shouldn't use it. I have well water. Please
answer either here or off list. Thanks much.

Most icemakers recommend against RO systems as they drop the pressure and
can create problems with the fill vales working properly.

What you want is a whole house style filter with a carbon block element to
eliminate bad taste. It is best if you can mount it in the cold water
line that feeds the kitchen and refrigerator. The elements are good for
about three months depending on use and how bad your water is.

Most brands are easily installed with minimal cutting and no soldering.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

To avoid constant filter changes go for the largest size you can install,
cartridges come from very small at about 1 1/2 x 8 inches up to 4 1/2 x 20
inches. If you have a basement, install it there, that way water spillage
resulting from changing filters will not damage your kitchen cabinets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone give me info on home water filters? I need one big enough for
the kitchen sink and ice cube maker. I was thinking of a reverse system
then I read that I shouldn't use it. I have well water. Please answer
either here or off list. Thanks much.

You need to know the quality of the water that you are going to pass through
the filter before you can accurately determine what filter you will need.
Send a sample of your water out to a water testing lab.

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
. ..
Can someone give me info on home water filters? I need one big enough for
the kitchen sink and ice cube maker. I was thinking of a reverse system
then I read that I shouldn't use it. I have well water. Please answer
either here or off list. Thanks much.

For the icemaker there are easily installed in-line charcoal cartridges that
last a couple of years. You will need a separate unit for the sink unless,
of course, you plan on filtering for the entire house which requires a whole
different animal with which I am not familiar. A fat lot of help I am!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"C & E" wrote in message
For the icemaker there are easily installed in-line charcoal cartridges
that last a couple of years. You will need a separate unit for the sink
unless, of course, you plan on filtering for the entire house which
requires a whole different animal with which I am not familiar. A fat
lot of help I am!

Separate or not depends on the plumbing layout and where the refrigerator
tap is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/21/2011 3:49 PM, tmichunter wrote:
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...rs-298316-.htm
tmichunter wrote:
Hello Jack,

Please visit www.crystalquest.com, specifically the undersink models. We
have a refrigerater hook up part that can be added to the undersink models
to also filter the frig. Please give us a call if you have any questions.
Thank you,
Tammy

Jack Allen wrote:

Can someone give me info on home water filters? I need one big enough
for
the kitchen sink and ice cube maker. I was thinking of a reverse
system
then I read that I shouldn\\\'t use it. I have well water. Please
answer
either here or off list. Thanks much.

Tammy! You are going to make my head explode! Six minutes ago you were
in the year 2004! It took you only 6 minutes to get to April 6, 2008!
Please share your technology with us. (I am actually in the year 2001
but don't tell anyone, I think it has to do with the computer chip in my
brain. Oh, by the way, home owners hub sucks. Get out while you can.
Remember the secret word "Usenet".
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wait until she gets to the year 2036, and we find out that
she's 143 years old, and has 2,3046 descendants.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus