Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Wizards, Another Panel/subpanel question

Ok, i understand the whole panel/subpanel setup. And isolating the
neutral from the ground in the sub etc etc. Here's the question:
We've recently purchased a house (next door) and it has the typical farm
setup, (meter on the pole with a disconnect, and three wires to the
house). The difference with this one is that there is a second panel
that was added in about 1960, when they added on to the house, which i
assumed at first was just a sub off the main panel. I just noticed
today that the second panel is ALSO tied into the feeders just outside
the house and so it in effect is a second main panel. Are there any
issues with it being this way as long as each panel has it's own pair of
proper ground rods? Should the two be bonded together either at the
ground rods OR between the two panels?

thanks!

--
Steve Barker