Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sprinkler Timer Recommendation

I have a two zone sprinkler system, a timer (which is broken and I have to
turn on the sprinkler with a manual switch now), the timer controls the
pump, the pump sends water to a hydraulic indexing valve that switches
between two zones.

What is a good replacement timer to get? Visiting Home Depot I saw 29.95
timers and 129.95 timers, I didn't see ant 2 zone but saw 4 zone, 6 zone
etc...some are digital some are analog with a turning dial.

What is a good basic durable two zone timer to get?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 8:40*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have a two zone sprinkler system, a timer (which is broken and I have to
turn on the sprinkler with a manual switch now), the timer controls the
pump, the pump sends water to a hydraulic indexing valve that switches
between two zones.

What is a good replacement timer to get? *Visiting Home Depot I saw 29.95
timers and 129.95 timers, I didn't see ant 2 zone but saw 4 zone, 6 zone
etc...some are digital some are analog with a turning dial.

What is a good basic durable two zone timer to get?

Thanks,

MC

There are a lot of features that you can get (but may not need or
want) on a controller/timer. I'd go with the cheaper one but be
certain that it has the capacity to activate your pump, too. Not all
cheap ones will do that. Is it digital or electro-mechanical? Do you
know why your current one is broken? Sometimes they can be repaired,
they aren't that complicated in most cases.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 6:40*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have a two zone sprinkler system, a timer (which is broken and I have to
turn on the sprinkler with a manual switch now), the timer controls the
pump, the pump sends water to a hydraulic indexing valve that switches
between two zones.

What is a good replacement timer to get? *Visiting Home Depot I saw 29.95
timers and 129.95 timers, I didn't see ant 2 zone but saw 4 zone, 6 zone
etc...some are digital some are analog with a turning dial.

What is a good basic durable two zone timer to get?

Thanks,

MC

Get a Toro

For the last 30 years I've used RainBird, RainJet, Hunter, Orbit and a
others.

About 10 years ago I settled on Toro......easy to program, nearly
intuitive.

Since I've settled on Toro, I've recommended or installed more than a
half dozen....all the same model

I'm not sure if Toro still makes the model 53331 I've installed &
used
but they are available on ebay (new & used)

check out ebay item 180527040920

they come as 4 valve controller (expandable to 8 valves) with a pump
start command

get one (new or used), you'll be happy with it

cheers
Bob