Posted to alt.home.repair
BradMM BradMM is offline

Default Sprinkler Timer Recommendation

On Jul 3, 8:40*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have a two zone sprinkler system, a timer (which is broken and I have to
turn on the sprinkler with a manual switch now), the timer controls the
pump, the pump sends water to a hydraulic indexing valve that switches
between two zones.

What is a good replacement timer to get? *Visiting Home Depot I saw 29.95
timers and 129.95 timers, I didn't see ant 2 zone but saw 4 zone, 6 zone
etc...some are digital some are analog with a turning dial.

What is a good basic durable two zone timer to get?

Thanks,

MC

There are a lot of features that you can get (but may not need or
want) on a controller/timer. I'd go with the cheaper one but be
certain that it has the capacity to activate your pump, too. Not all
cheap ones will do that. Is it digital or electro-mechanical? Do you
know why your current one is broken? Sometimes they can be repaired,
they aren't that complicated in most cases.