Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lamp nomenclature

I need help identifying the proper nomenclature for sealed beam bulbs
of various sizes and wattages. I have several hand lights that I
would like to convert from the old hard to find six volt screw post
batteries to the newer twelve volt type. I just don't know the proper
nomenclature for a twelve volt sealed beam lamp that is three and a
half inches across and is connected by screw terminals on the back of
the lamp.
--
Tom Horne
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/18/2010 11:19 PM, Tom Horne wrote:
I need help identifying the proper nomenclature for sealed beam bulbs
of various sizes and wattages. I have several hand lights that I
would like to convert from the old hard to find six volt screw post
batteries to the newer twelve volt type. I just don't know the proper
nomenclature for a twelve volt sealed beam lamp that is three and a
half inches across and is connected by screw terminals on the back of
the lamp.
--
Tom Horne

if you don't get an answer here, poke around donsbulbs.com; you won't
get the answer quickly but a little searching can be helpful. That's
how I eventually figured out how to get the correct bulbs for my car
when converting from 6V to 12V and the equivalent wasn't listed in Randy
Rundle's otherwise very helpful book. (front signal lights were an odd
bulb; similar to a 1034 but without the offset pins, as back in 1955
turn signals were optional so the lamp assemblies were built all with a
straight-pin socket, turn signals were added by replacing the single
contact assembly with a dual one.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

PAR = sealed beam width across is measured in 8ths
A standard PAR size is PAR30 I'd suggest googling for PAR30 12volts
screw terminals.

A good source of info is the General Electric Lamp catalog:
http://tinyurl.com/24ma95x