Old June 15th 10, 06:57 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sevin powder applicator ideas

Rochester, NY area has some new breed of wasps. Gentle readers may
remember that I was looking for spray, last fall, for the wasps which
burrow into the sides of my church building.

Several different type of wasp spray aparently had no effect.
Including carb cleaner spray.

Sevin powder seemed to work last year. The question is how to puff the
powder into the little wasp entrance hole. Without the repair guy
getting to breathe the powder. So, how does one apply powdered bug
dust?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old June 15th 10, 07:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Rochester, NY area has some new breed of wasps. Gentle readers may
remember that I was looking for spray, last fall, for the wasps which
burrow into the sides of my church building.

Several different type of wasp spray aparently had no effect.
Including carb cleaner spray.

Sevin powder seemed to work last year. The question is how to puff the
powder into the little wasp entrance hole. Without the repair guy
getting to breathe the powder. So, how does one apply powdered bug
dust?

Go to the baby product aisle of the supermarket or drug store and get one of
those bulb things used for getting snot out of babies' noses. And you *will*
go to whatever home/hardware store and get a serious filter mask, unless
you're stupid.

Old June 15th 10, 07:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Dedicated turkey baster.

http://www.catholic.com/library/Dist..._of_Mormon.asp
http://www.catholic.com/library/Gods...mon_Church.asp
http://www.catholic.com/library/Mormon_Stumpers.asp
http://www.catholic.com/library/Prob..._of_Mormon.asp
http://www.catholic.com/library/Proving_Inspiration.asp
Old June 15th 10, 08:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Rochester, NY area has some new breed of wasps. Gentle readers may
remember that I was looking for spray, last fall, for the wasps which
burrow into the sides of my church building.

Several different type of wasp spray aparently had no effect.
Including carb cleaner spray.

Sevin powder seemed to work last year. The question is how to puff the
powder into the little wasp entrance hole. Without the repair guy
getting to breathe the powder. So, how does one apply powdered bug
dust?

I have to ask the obvious question: if you're having such a hard time
applying the Sevin in dust form, why aren't you using the liquid form
of Sevin in its place? It's safer for the applicator - inhaling
pesticide dust is no joke.

If you *must* use the dust form of Sevin, then for pity's sake break
down and buy a proper duster. Here's an online source for several
models. A good local farm/garden supply store should also be able to
help you.

http://www.pestsupplycenter.com/equi...s/dusters.html

Old June 15th 10, 09:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Rochester, NY area has some new breed of wasps. Gentle readers may
remember that I was looking for spray, last fall, for the wasps which
burrow into the sides of my church building.

Several different type of wasp spray aparently had no effect.
Including carb cleaner spray.

Sevin powder seemed to work last year. The question is how to puff the
powder into the little wasp entrance hole. Without the repair guy
getting to breathe the powder. So, how does one apply powdered bug
dust?

Like this. You might need to enlarge the hole.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....161c507175473f
Old June 15th 10, 11:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair

You know, that did occur to me. Thanks. Will let you know how it
works.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ransley" wrote in message

A turkey baister

Old June 15th 10, 11:27 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, that's a thought. Two votes for squeeze bulb device. I'm not sure
how much powder will be released. A dust mask is an interesting idea.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old June 15th 10, 11:28 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, clearly marked for the use. So that the squeeze bulb doesn't get
used for turkeys.

Thanks for the links. But, they aren't very accurate.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike" wrote in message
Dedicated turkey baster.

Old June 15th 10, 11:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the link for dusters. The new breed of wasps burrows up
into the edge of the building, under the lower edge of the siding,
near the roof line. Hard to describe. I'm not sure if liquids would do
any good. Maybe?

I havn't yet tried to apply the powder. I don't know, yet, if it's
hard to apply. Or not. Simply havn't tried, yet.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Plaster in an applicator Yaz UK diy 21 March 11th 07 12:21 AM
Choosing a Sealant Applicator Gun Rod UK diy 10 March 5th 07 10:34 PM
'Fugee' silicone applicator kit, anyone? Lobster UK diy 3 November 7th 05 08:30 AM
FA ACCULUBE OIL APPLICATOR williamhenry Metalworking 0 June 2nd 05 03:59 AM
What applicator for polyurethane? Brian Elfert Woodworking 10 April 12th 05 02:28 PM