Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Diswasher will not fill

Hi

My Kenmore Dishwahser 665-1563900 will not fill. I disconnected the pipe
and there is watter getting to it from the house. and the dishwasher acts
like its getting water.

thanks for any suggestions
Posted to alt.home.repair

BMzxx wrote:
Hi

My Kenmore Dishwahser 665-1563900 will not fill. I disconnected the
pipe and there is watter getting to it from the house. and the
dishwasher acts like its getting water.

thanks for any suggestions

does the float go up and down? it may be just stuck up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 28, 12:15*pm, BMzxx wrote:
Hi

My Kenmore Dishwahser 665-1563900 will not fill. *I disconnected the pipe
and there is watter getting to it from the house. *and the dishwasher acts
like its getting water.

thanks for any suggestions

Probably a faulty inlet valve but I would check the float first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 28, 6:37*pm, Jack Hammer wrote:
On May 28, 12:15*pm, BMzxx wrote:

Hi

My Kenmore Dishwasher 665-1563900 will not fill. *I disconnected the pipe
and there is watter getting to it from the house. *and the dishwasher acts
like its getting water.

thanks for any suggestions

Probably a faulty inlet valve but I would check the float first.

Had to replace the inlet valve on ours. The 115 volt coil had gone
open. Always keep a few old ones around from scrapped appliances; for
example the inlet valves from clothes washer are often very similar!
Except they are doubles (hot and cold) feeds.
Also check that the screen, if there is one in the hose fitting
attaching to the valve is not filled up with debris from the water
supply.
IIRC a complete new valve was about $25, it may be possible to just
exchange the coil with dismounting the whole valve. If the coil has
not gone open then it may be something electrical (perhaps contacts on
the timer switch) so necessary to figure out the circuit and
troubleshoot it; dependent on the skills of the OP.
On an older DW we had trouble when the over-fill had stuck in the 'up'
position due to scum and debris around it's stem. So the dishwasher
thought it was already full of water, would not refill or cycle
properly! Cleaning it allowed the float switch to drop down and
everything went normal!
It's usually best to just squat by the machine and figure out what is
happening (or rather NOT happening!) before starting on any repair!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 28, 12:15*pm, BMzxx wrote:

[...]

Thanks.
This is all nice to know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 28, 12:15 pm, BMzxx wrote:

[...]

It's also great to have a diagram of the mechanisms handy.

FWIW, this is a site that I find invaluable. It has diagrams for
most major appliances. I've bought from them before and the price
and service is also good.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/

--
On most days,