Posted to alt.home.repair

Default kenmore dishwasher 665.16374301 does not fill

HI,
My dishwasher did not fill and clean the dishes the last time it ran.
As I think about it, It seemed to be making a louder hum when it ran
last but I thought it was my imagination. It appeared to run through
all cycles as the green "clean" light was on. I went to remove the
dishes and found that the detergent dispenser was open and detergent
was still in the tank and door.
I rolled out the lower dish tray and checked for water in the tub,
none. I then tried spinning the lower spray bar and found it was
stopped from spinning by
one of the water heater element clamps which had been bent upwards,
evidently from some utensil catching on it as the tray was rolled in.
I bent the clamp back to its proper position and have tried the washer
again, No luck.
Tried a number of cycles, all seem the same, Getting a humming but no
water, here are the details.
normal wash button lit along with washing and sensing lights.
lights stay on with on sound for about 1 min followed by lights on and
low humming sound for about 1 min, followed by lights on with no sound
for about a 1 minute followed by the humming sound for quite some
time. opened door and found detergent dispenser open with detergent in
tub. No water. Checked water supply - OK. Put about a gallon of water
in tub, closed door and pressed drain/cancel - water drained and
washer stopped.
Any Help would be appreciated.
John