Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to run the wire.... (Followup)

Thanks for all of the responses, they were appreciated.

I ended up running the wire in the crawl space, but I did follow the advice
of several and installed it into a new outlet (left the existing outlet
alone). Also, I picked up one of the long flexible bits, which kept from
having to cut big access panels into the wall. Always wanted one of those,
and when the local hardware store (Ace) agreed to price match an internet
price, it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Took a little longer than I would have liked to, but it's done, and that's
what counts.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for all of the responses, they were appreciated.

I ended up running the wire in the crawl space, but I did follow the
advice of several and installed it into a new outlet (left the existing
outlet alone). Also, I picked up one of the long flexible bits, which
kept from having to cut big access panels into the wall. Always wanted
one of those, and when the local hardware store (Ace) agreed to price
match an internet price, it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Took a little longer than I would have liked to, but it's done, and that's
what counts.

Jon

*Thank you for posting back with the results.