Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Preferred size for a walk-in closet?

"h" wrote

I'm planning a closet with a center door, two hanging racks (one down each
side), with some shelving above the racks and floor-to-ceiling
shelves/storage on the far wall across from the door between the racks.

The architect is telling me that a walk-in "should" be "at least" 10'x12'
or we "won't be able to sell the house".

Typical closet is about 28" deep. With a rack on each side that is 56" or
about 5". You need at least the width of a door or 30" Lets round up to
3". That brings you to about 8". Depends on how much room you want in
the aisle but 8" to 10" is not really huge.