Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Popcorn

On Thu, 13 May 2010 06:54:04 -0700 (PDT), Evan
wrote:

On May 12, 2:27*pm, keith wrote:
On May 12, 1:10*pm, Evan wrote:

Wow since you are such a wealth of information why not explain to
the world a valid reason for brewing and serving coffee at the same
temperature as the rinse cycle in a commercial dishwasher must
be set to in order to insure the dishes are sterilized during the
cleaning process...

Look it up. *That is the recommended brewing/storage temperature for
coffee.

"Recommended" by whom ? The NIST lab, the FDA ? Oh, I think
that you are referring to the standards set by the restaurants...

Instead of believing me (which you won't), why don't you do a simple web
search. You'll find 180F to 200F temperatures recommended. ...or would you
rather just remain ignorant?

Here's a starter:
http://www.search.com/reference/Coff...ration#Brewing

"Water temperature is crucial to the proper extraction of flavor from
the ground coffee. The recommended brewing temperature of coffee is
93 °C (199.4 °F)."

Others have differing temperatures, but they're all hotter than your *stupid*
suggestion of 120F.

Also, how long must a person NOT DRINK the coffee served to them
at 180 F before they can safely

When you get where you're going it's not iced coffee. *That's the way
people want it, in fact. ...sorta why McD (and DD) served it hot,
until the lawyers got in between the maker and the consumer.

Don't BUY coffee that far in advance... If you MUST do that, stop
your car somewhere safe and pour it from the disposable cup it
was served to you in and keep it in a thermally insulated travel
mug which will keep it warmer longer...

Are you always this stupid? (rhetorical question; we know the answer)

consume a beverage which is some 60 degrees hotter
than home hot water heaters are set to prevent scalding injuries...

Nonsense. *You can drink beverages a *lot* hotter than 120F.

Not really... But then again scalding injuries to internal tissues
are something you are not able to see and not necessarily always
feel either...

Yes, really. You are stupid.

There is no reason to serve beverages that hot when the only
reasoning I have ever heard behind the temperature is:
"it preserves the flavoring of the coffee"...

Which company do you work for, McD's or Dunkin's ???

You are a fool (no news here).

And it is better to be foolish than stupid... You are stupid
if you think that all coffee should be brewed and served
as hot as the water used in a commercial dishwasher just
so that some people who are rushing to get to work 100 miles
away from where they bought their coffee will still have a warm
drink when they arrive...

I was wrong. You're unbelievably stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2010 22:34:05 -0500, "
wrote:

Speaking of popcorn..........I found out this weekend that I was a
diabetic, which means I have to give up butter.

Popping popcorn in a paper bag works like a charm. No clean up, also
no flavor. A little lemon pepper helps a little

I am learning that if food tastes good, spit it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Speaking of popcorn..........I found out this weekend that I was a
diabetic, which means I have to give up butter.

My wife is a diabetic, also. She doesn't have to be so strict, though. Butter
isn't an issue for her. Carbs are.

Popping popcorn in a paper bag works like a charm. No clean up, also
no flavor. A little lemon pepper helps a little

I am learning that if food tastes good, spit it out.

That's what the food police have been telling us for years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Speaking of popcorn..........I found out this weekend that I was a
diabetic, which means I have to give up butter.

Wrong. You don't have to give up fat, you have to give up sugar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On May 12, 2:27*pm, keith wrote:
On May 12, 1:10*pm, Evan wrote:

[...]

After brewing the coffee, does your reference say at what temperature
the coffee should be served?

You think McDs ices it down after brewing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 14, 7:55*am, wrote:

wrote:

On May 12, 2:27*pm, keith wrote:
On May 12, 1:10*pm, Evan wrote:

[...]

The temperature of the water as it goes in the top is the "brewing
temp". The temp of the water after it passes through the grounds and
drips into the pot is not nearly the same temp. You have read the
specs but don't understand what they mean.

After the grounds are saturated there isn't much heat lost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 14 May 2010 06:24:48 -0400, "h"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Speaking of popcorn..........I found out this weekend that I was a
diabetic, which means I have to give up butter.

Wrong. You don't have to give up fat, you have to give up sugar.

That really depends on how well you want to control your diabetes, and
how long you want to live.

If you want to live long with your diabetes you absolutely MUST low-carb. No
more than 50 grams of carbs a day. Do that, and you will most likely be
symptom-free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

It takes a lot of education and disipline, though. A lot of people
passively just let doctors and meds do it all. That's invariably a bad
route to follow.

My step-dad was a type I diabetic his entire life. He had all sorts of
related problems as he got older such as bad eyes, wounds that wouldn't
heal, poor circulation, etc., but never once had an insulin issue and was
always trim. I remember when the Atkins Diet first came out in the 80s. My
dad laughed and said, "So, someone's finally figured out that a diabetic
diet keeps you thin!" I was a ballet dancer and no one could figure out how
I "stayed so thin" while eating steak and salad with bleu cheese dressing.
Umm...because that whole meal has less than 10 grams of carbs (most of it
from the veggies) while the baked potato with cottage cheese the low-fat
bunch ate has nearly 40 grams.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Did yo
wrote in message
On Fri, 14 May 2010 15:39:57 -0400, "h"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I don't think I've ever met someone who had "just" diabetes, and no
other health issues.

Again, type I, not Type II, which is not an actual disease (broken Pancreas)
but rather a lifestyle screwup. Those morons never get off the couch and
live on sugar.

My Step-Dad was born with a busted Pancreas. He learned, early on, that he
COULD NOT eat sugar/carbs, and never did so. He even served in the military
in WWII, and they KNEW he had diabetes! His skills were that valuable! I am
VERY happy that I learned to live on a "diabetic/low-carb" diet in my teen
years. If not, I would probably have been too fat to have been a dancer and
I would have been a "normal" blimpy "'mercan". I would rather die than claim
that moniker. Of course, that was all 25-35 years ago

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 May 2010 21:20:08 -0400, "h"
wrote:

Did yo
.. .
wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Morons?

My diabetes is caused by the anti rejection drugs from a transplant.

Popcorn ceiling in2dadark Home Repair 9 December 30th 08 05:46 PM
Popcorn Ceilings John Home Repair 10 September 24th 07 03:40 PM
Popcorn Lung ATP* Metalworking 13 September 9th 07 05:09 AM
help on asbestos popcorn [email protected] Home Repair 20 July 11th 06 01:56 AM
Popcorn ceiling barry martin Home Repair 4 July 19th 03 12:42 AM