Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help - Wheelchair impossible on my rugs.

On 4/22/2010 12:07 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On 4/22/2010 8:05 AM, wrote:
n Thu, 22 Apr 2010 04:29:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Cannot help you with the rugs but have more than a passing familiarity
with blood clots.
What's her problem and what are you doing about it?

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses all.

I have emailed the web site suggested to see their prices.

The rug is brand new, but I guess I could pull part of it up by having
a pro cut it. Hate to though.

The wheel chair is for my wife. We are both over 80 seniors.

Her clots just occurred a few weeks ago, She had full knee
replacement surgery in November. Have to feel there is a relationship
'tween that and the clots. She is under doctor care from both family
doc and her surgeon. She is taking Cumedin (?spelling?). She is
under immense pain and can't walk hardly at all. Poor gal is really
struggling simply moving around.

Life is getting tough around here,
Duke

Clots are a common problem with knee replacement surgery. Since the clots
are new the coumadin should resolve them. I had a more serious clotting
problem and had to have them surgically removed. I've been on coumadin 10
years and also have a clot filter.

Whoa, there's a clot filter? I'll have to investigate that and incorporate
it into my website. Thanks.

Steve

Yes. Google it up. Filter is inserted in groin and deployed in
inferior vena cava just below where kidneys dump in. It opens like an
umbrella and has little feet to secure it to the vein wall. The ribs
are twisted and if a clot leaves the leg it gets tangled in the filter
where it gradually dissolves. Massive clotting could clog it up but if
this happens and clots reach your lungs, you're a goner. Pulmonary
emboli are a major cause of death.

I thought it was permanent but they can remove it. Filter would not
help with clots that form in the heart. I guess they could put filters
in other veins.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

GET YOUR FILTERS CHANGED! THIS WEEK ONLY! $19,000.95 WITH COUPON!

TDD