Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help - Wheelchair impossible on my rugs.

wrote in message
I suppose my problem should have been expected, but it surprised me.
I have very plush rugs in my dining, living, and bed rooms. My has
come up with leg blood clots, and she requires a wheelchair to provide
her mobility to and from those rooms. Kitchen and family room are
fine what with their wood flooring. But the wheels simply get hung up
in the knap of the rugs. Not only that - the wheelchair leaves
unsightly ruts in the rugs.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I wonder what I might lay on the run
temporarily. Some sort of runner?

I am stuck and frustrated.
Be nice.
Duke

Google and call around. Look for medical newsgroups. I'm sure someone else
has faced this. I would think the plastic runners may help, but may make it
difficult as they may sink into the carpet. Changing carpets would be the
worst thing. What about a chair with wider wheels? I've seen them with
inflatable wide tires.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:58:47 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:
e.
Duke

Google and call around. Look for medical newsgroups. I'm sure someone else
has faced this. I would think the plastic runners may help, but may make it
difficult as they may sink into the carpet. Changing carpets would be the
worst thing. What about a chair with wider wheels? I've seen them with
inflatable wide tires.

Steve

Thanks for the ideas guys. Now I am investigating a TSS300 power
chair from the Scooter Store. I am hoping Medicare and my supplement
BS/BC will cover it.

Duke