SidKnee

Default wheelchair access doorways

What is the smallest door I can install for wheelchair access. Is it 850mm
clear access?

If 850mm clear access what would the size of the acutal door be?

Where are the Building regs for Wheelchair access found? Also I would like
to know what standard door sizes are available in the UK?

Sid

Tony Bryer

In article , SidKnee wrote:
What is the smallest door I can install for wheelchair access. Is
it 850mm clear access?

If 850mm clear access what would the size of the acutal door be?

It varies - basically the clear width will be the width of the door less
its thickness (35/44mm) less the width of the door stop (12mm or so)

Where are the Building regs for Wheelchair access found? Also I would
like to know what standard door sizes are available in the UK?

Building Regulations Part M

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...ge/br0053.hcsp

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

SidKnee

"Tony Bryer" wrote Building Regulations Part M

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...ge/br0053.hcsp

--

Thanks Tony

Anyone know how I can secure my own copy of the above, especially the
section on Doorways / Baths etc.

Sid

Tony Bryer

In article , SidKnee wrote:
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...ge/br0053.hcsp

--

Thanks Tony

Anyone know how I can secure my own copy of the above, especially the
section on Doorways / Baths etc.

It's a free download.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

SidKnee

"Tony Bryer" wrote Anyone know how I can secure my
own copy of the above, especially the
section on Doorways / Baths etc.

It's a free download.

Sorry Tony

I meant to say a "free" hard copy. Rather than download and print.

Sidney

Rick

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:20:56 GMT, "SidKnee"
wrote:

What is the smallest door I can install for wheelchair access. Is it 850mm
clear access?

If 850mm clear access what would the size of the acutal door be?

Where are the Building regs for Wheelchair access found? Also I would like
to know what standard door sizes are available in the UK?

Sid

My "architect pocket book" says

900 for self propelled
800 for "with attendant"

But then has internal doors for wheelchair at 750mm.

Rick

SidKnee

"Rick" wrote
900 for self propelled
800 for "with attendant"

But then has internal doors for wheelchair at 750mm.

That confusing.. i assume 900 for exterior doors and 750 (door width or
clear access?) for internal doors

Sidkney

Rick

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:21:27 GMT, "SidKnee"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote
900 for self propelled
800 for "with attendant"

But then has internal doors for wheelchair at 750mm.

That confusing.. i assume 900 for exterior doors and 750 (door width or
clear access?) for internal doors

Sidkney

clear access, clear of door thickness, doorstops, handles etc ......

On re-reading, the 900/800 look more like corridoor widths than door
widths. There are a number of diareans for sizes for getting round
corners etc ....

Rick
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

"Rick" wrote

900 for self propelled
800 for "with attendant"

But then has internal doors for wheelchair at 750mm.

That confusing.. i assume 900 for exterior doors and 750 (door width or
clear access?) for internal doors

Sidkney

clear access, clear of door thickness, doorstops, handles etc ......

On re-reading, the 900/800 look more like corridoor widths than door
widths. There are a number of diareans for sizes for getting round
corners etc ....

Rick

900 is corridoor width. I think 800 or 750 for doors...
Owain

SidKnee wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote
Anyone know how I can secure my
own copy of the above, especially the
section on Doorways / Baths etc.

It's a free download.

I meant to say a "free" hard copy. Rather than download and print.

You can't. Either download and print out, or buy it from HMSO

Owain

Rick

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:54:13 +0100, Owain
wrote:

SidKnee wrote:
"Tony Bryer" wrote
Anyone know how I can secure my
own copy of the above, especially the
section on Doorways / Baths etc.
It's a free download.

I meant to say a "free" hard copy. Rather than download and print.

You can't. Either download and print out, or buy it from HMSO

Owain

There are several "Building regs explained" type books, which IMHO are
somewhat easier to read.

OT Can't Access Binaries Mr Fixit eh Woodworking 5 March 19th 05 12:30 AM
Hiding carpet seams in doorways? HerHusband Home Repair 0 October 11th 04 04:05 PM
creating attic access gm Home Repair 4 May 21st 04 05:45 AM
Access Hole in Slab sealed but still causing musty smell-Help Jim Home Ownership 1 March 21st 04 04:46 AM
No access to loft space. Mike Hibbert UK diy 4 August 31st 03 07:19 PM