Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help - Wheelchair impossible on my rugs.

wrote in message
n Thu, 22 Apr 2010 04:29:12 -0700 (PDT), Frank
wrote:

Cannot help you with the rugs but have more than a passing familiarity
with blood clots.
What's her problem and what are you doing about it?

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses all.

I have emailed the web site suggested to see their prices.

The rug is brand new, but I guess I could pull part of it up by having
a pro cut it. Hate to though.

The wheel chair is for my wife. We are both over 80 seniors.

Her clots just occurred a few weeks ago, She had full knee
replacement surgery in November. Have to feel there is a relationship
'tween that and the clots. She is under doctor care from both family
doc and her surgeon. She is taking Cumedin (?spelling?). She is
under immense pain and can't walk hardly at all. Poor gal is really
struggling simply moving around.

Life is getting tough around here,
Duke

My condolences, Duke. I am eight years post-op for heart surgery, and take
coumadin every day because of an artificial valve. I have had a few
incidents with some bruises and injuries, but lucky so far. I, too, take
pain meds for degenerative bone disease.

Start calling around to EVERY local, state, and federal place you can find
that offers assistance. Perhaps they can hook you up with a chair that has
wider wheels that not only would be more stable, but possibly motorized. I
have heard that Hover (not sure of spelling) has gotten people chairs that
are 100% paid for by government grants. Call wheelchair suppliers and ask
if they have government assisted programs. They will do all the paperwork,
and you just might have a new buggy sitting in your living room very soon.
You've paid in a lot of taxes in your life, so get on the horn and see if
you qualify to get some help back.

Life with a motorized chair with wider wheels sounds like a winner for you
and the missus.

Take care, and God bless.

Steve

Visit my blog at www.cabgbypasssurgery.com