Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Floors

I am shopping for a camper. Why do so many used campers have their
floors replaced? Many say, recent updates, floor replaced. Why would
they need the floor replaced?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Goober typed:
I am shopping for a camper. Why do so many used campers
have their floors replaced? Many say, recent updates, floor
replaced. Why would they need the floor replaced?

Because most of them are made of particle board, that only has
to get good and damp to crumble. Even a lot of today's mobil
homes stll have the same flooring; it's cheap. But keep it
dry!

HTH,

Twayne`

Posted to alt.home.repair

Goober wrote:
I am shopping for a camper. Why do so many used campers have their
floors replaced? Many say, recent updates, floor replaced. Why would
they need the floor replaced?

Hi,
You mean truck camper? Floor gets wear and tear with
mud/dirt. I used to cmp a lot when kids were young.
Floor takes beating the most.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Goober wrote:
I am shopping for a camper. Why do so many used campers have their
floors replaced? Many say, recent updates, floor replaced. Why would
they need the floor replaced?

Hi,
You mean truck camper? Floor gets wear and tear with
mud/dirt. I used to cmp a lot when kids were young.
Floor takes beating the most.

No, I mean a travel trailer.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 19, 11:14*am, Goober wrote:
I am shopping for a camper. Why do so many used campers have their
floors replaced? Many say, recent updates, floor replaced. Why would
they need the floor replaced?

Imagine how long a linoleum or sheet vinyl floor in your kitchen
would last if you lived near lots of woods or a beach or other
sandy/dirty environment...

The particle board suggestion is a valid one too, ask what the
person selling the vehicle replaced the floor with... Someone
who knows what they are doing would have used a Marine
grade plywood...

Things in a vehicle used for vacations tend to get dirty and
wear out faster, after all you are on vacation -- you aren't
toting around every cleaning supply from your home with
you... Some stuff just doesn't get cleaned well enough
until after you get home from your trip...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:18:13 -0400, Twayne wrote:

In , Goober
typed:
I am shopping for a camper. Why do so many used campers have their
floors replaced? Many say, recent updates, floor replaced. Why would
they need the floor replaced?

Because most of them are made of particle board, that only has to get
good and damp to crumble. Even a lot of today's mobil homes stll have
the same flooring; it's cheap. But keep it dry!

Cheap and lightweight...

There's a rotting camper over at my brother-in-law's place; not only is
the floor shot, but the back wall's in danger of parting company with the
rest of the body. Interesting, though, because you can see how weak the
whole construction is - it's just thin wooden framework with thin
panelling on the inside, thin aluminum on the outside, and particle board
for the floor.

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:27:17 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

There's a rotting camper over at my brother-in-law's place; not only is
the floor shot, but the back wall's in danger of parting company with the
rest of the body.

Bumper Sticker:

"Back Up Or I'll Flush!"

Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors Harry Muscle Home Repair 20 September 10th 16 06:09 PM
Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors Harry Muscle Home Ownership 17 September 8th 06 05:04 AM
Floors mo Home Repair 9 February 12th 06 04:37 AM
what are no-wax floors? [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 30th 05 03:49 PM
Engineered Hardwood Floors over Solid Hardwood Floors [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 26th 05 04:21 PM