Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mo(u)ding between tile and ceiling

Jean B. wrote:
Hi Folks,

This is my debut here, even though I have been reading the group for a
while. I am in the midst of home renovations, and as each area nears
completion, there are little issues that need to be addressed. One is
finding a molding (or some other solution) to put between the irregular
tile edges and the ceiling in the bathroom. I assume that it would be
better not to use wood, because the area will obviously be subject to
humidity. Can anyone suggest a solution to this and possible sources
for same?

Thanks,

How much of a gap is there? Is it even through the length? Nothing
wrong with putting wood trim in a bathroom (it is used outdoors quite a
lot ) Just make sure it is primed and sealed/painted. If the gap is
even and narrow, paintable caulk would probably work fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dadiOH wrote:
Jean B. wrote:

The gap is certainly wider than 1/4 inch. I need to go back and
look. I'd say (but my memory is not great) that it is more than
an inch at its narrowest! And the tile tops are jagged.

You *paid* someone to do a butchered tile job??? If you did, make him fix
it.

Yes, he was paid. I do learn, and I was skeptical about using
this person. I don't know that I want him to do anything more
with the tile--or that he can do it.

--
Jean B.