Posted to alt.home.repair

Default need help finding replacement door bottom

I have two different door bottoms that need replacing; Home Depot and
Lowes do not carry the type I need. But I'm having a difficult time
finding the correct door bottoms. Both doors are standard,
approximately 35 25/32" X 1 9/16".

Here is a photo of the first one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518001369/

and the second one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518637716/

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 3:00*pm, courtneyburge wrote:
I have two different door bottoms that need replacing; Home Depot and
Lowes do not carry the type I need. *But I'm having a difficult time
finding the correct door bottoms. *Both doors are standard,
approximately 35 25/32" X 1 9/16".

Here is a photo of the first one:http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518001369/

and the second one:http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518637716/

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Do they have to be exact matches? Seems to me that some adhesive caulk
would open up some more options for you.

Check this out:

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalo...p?p_ref=259378

which was found amongst a number of options at:

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/door_bottoms.php

which was found as the first hit from a Google search of:

door bottom weather stripping

Posted to alt.home.repair

courtneyburge wrote:
I have two different door bottoms that need replacing; Home Depot and
Lowes do not carry the type I need. But I'm having a difficult time
finding the correct door bottoms. Both doors are standard,
approximately 35 25/32" X 1 9/16".

Here is a photo of the first one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518001369/

and the second one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518637716/

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Found a name plate on the hinge edge of one door and was able to order
an exact replacement on line.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 13, 9:23*pm, Pointer wrote:
courtneyburge wrote:
I have two different door bottoms that need replacing; Home Depot and
Lowes do not carry the type I need. *But I'm having a difficult time
finding the correct door bottoms. *Both doors are standard,
approximately 35 25/32" X 1 9/16".

Here is a photo of the first one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518001369/

and the second one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/courtneyburge/4518637716/

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Found a name plate on the hinge edge of one door and was able to order
an exact replacement on line.

If you can't make do with any of the standard replacements that HD and
Lowes carry, then the original manufacturer is your best bet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Found a name plate on the hinge edge of one door and was able to order
an exact replacement on line.

Any door markings have been painted over.

If you can't make do with any of the standard replacements that HD and
Lowes carry, then the original manufacturer is your best bet.

If I knew who manufactured the door(s), I'd be set!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 14, 8:26*am, courtneyburge wrote:

I have two different door bottoms that need replacing; Home Depot and
Lowes do not carry the type I need. But I'm having a difficult time
finding the correct door bottoms. Both doors are standard,
approximately 35 25/32" X 1 9/16".

Found a name plate on the hinge edge of one door and was able to order
an exact replacement on line.

Any door markings have been painted over.

If you can't make do with any of the standard replacements that HD and
Lowes carry, then the original manufacturer is your best bet.

If I knew who manufactured the door(s), I'd be set!

Well, if you can't see any markings on the hinge side of the
door then it is NOT a rated door and wouldn't have any info
on it... You would be looking for a raised metal tag nailed
to the door if it is wood or riveted if it is metal...

Home Depot and Lowe's don't sell EVERY item in the home
repair universe... You should seek out experts in door and
window installation to answer this one, you should be able
to find one or two in your area listed in the phone book...

Failing that, you would want to look for a commercial
construction company that deal with installing storefront
systems, as they know where the supply houses are that
sell all sorts of various gaskets and such that Home Depot
has never even heard of and certainly will never sell...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 14, 3:24*pm, Evan wrote:
[...]

Last one I bought was at a door and window place. I told them what I
wanted and they cut one off a long piece of stock.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE wrote:
On Apr 14, 3:24 pm, Evan wrote:
[...]

Stuff like that, I always had the best luck carrying the old one in, and
asking if they have one like it, only not worn out. For a door sweep. an
old towel and some duct tape, and locking that door, is probably
indicated till you can get the new one installed.

--
aem sends...