Posted to alt.home.repair
jb jb is offline

Default Dog Licking the chair

My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/7/2010 7:38 PM, jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

Tobasco sauce comes to mind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

There are anti lick sprays on the market. The dog isn't missing
something in his diet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

Hi,
Have you talked to your vet?
Your dog may be deficient in some kind of mineral.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote:
jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs
with that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

There are anti lick sprays on the market. The dog isn't missing
something in his diet?

Not enough chromium in his diet?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 7:38*pm, jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
* that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

Do you have any exterior doors?

If so, put the dog on the exterior side and see if that helps.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 8, 1:08*am, wrote:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:38:31 -0400, jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools.

I agree with the others that he needs some mineral, or else he is just
bored.

Chances are the poor ****er hasn't been on 2 walks in its lifetime.

There isn't one owner in a million qualified to own a dog.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

jb wrote the following:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs
with that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

There is a product especially made to keep pets and animals from licking
or chewing on things. 'Bitter Apple' spray, found in pet stores and
other places that sell pet products.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

Keep the chair legs clean, good dog.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........
Posted to alt.home.repair

jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

tobasco, but who cares if he licks them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

gpsman wrote:
On Apr 7, 7:38 pm, jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

Do you have any exterior doors?

If so, put the dog on the exterior side and see if that helps.
-----

- gpsman

probably the best answer here. I was wondering what the hell the dog
was doing IN the house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 8, 9:26*am, Steve Barker wrote:
gpsman wrote:

Do you have any exterior doors?

If so, put the dog on the exterior side and see if that helps.

probably the best answer here. *I was wondering what the hell the dog
was doing IN the house.

Lol. I grew up on a farm but I got a dog living in this house (to
keep the peace) and he even sleeps in my bed. If he starts any ****
his ass will be living outside, and he appears to have taken my hints.

He's "family", but I love him like a dog because he is a dog and
treating a dog like a dog is best for the dog, as well as everyone
else.

She, however, has no kids so I feel I must capitulate to her need to
nurture and accept what violates a basic premise of my upbringing in
relative silence because that is what appears to be in my own best
self interest.

The line is drawn, and I have been allowed to draw it, in relative
silence.

It is -her- dog, I'm just its master. We compromise, otherwise one of
us would kill the other and have a hard-ass time finding someone else
to tolerate us.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:18:53 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

There are anti lick sprays on the market. The dog isn't missing
something in his diet?

We had a dog once that incessantly licked the screen door. It turned
out the dog was retarded and had a severe mineral deficiency.

-Zz
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message

Do you live near Zzyzx Road near Baker, CA.?
http://www.fotochris.com/images/USA-...Zzyzx_Road.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:01:46 -0500, "JawBone"
wrote:

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
.. .

Do you live near Zzyzx Road near Baker, CA.?
http://www.fotochris.com/images/USA-...Zzyzx_Road.jpg

That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!

A clue, it starts with a Z.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
: That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!

: A clue, it starts with a Z.

Ziz icks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

jb wrote:
My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen
stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with
that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.

There are anti lick sprays on the market. The dog isn't missing
something in his diet?

We had a dog once that incessantly licked the screen door. It turned
out the dog was retarded and had a severe mineral deficiency.

-Zz

I remember a gorgeous Irish Setter that went "Duh, bark!" *snicker*

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:19:51 -0500, "JawBone"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
: That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!

: A clue, it starts with a Z.

Ziz icks

Same here. Passing the road before (many times) I came up with the
same exact pronunciation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
: On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:19:51 -0500, "JawBone"
: wrote:

: "Oren" wrote in message
: .. .
: : That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!

: : A clue, it starts with a Z.

: Ziz icks

: Same here. Passing the road before (many times) I came up with the
: same exact pronunciation.

And the next time you go by you'll think of this thread :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:23:42 -0500, "JawBone"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
: On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:19:51 -0500, "JawBone"
: wrote:

: "Oren" wrote in message
: .. .
: : That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!

: : A clue, it starts with a Z.

: Ziz icks

: Same here. Passing the road before (many times) I came up with the
: same exact pronunciation.

And the next time you go by you'll think of this thread :-)

I was lucky. I didn't have the locals explain as I past the sign.

I should visit "Ziz icks" and forget about buying fuel in Baker, CA.
'Course I always pass the exit in a hurry. I have enough fuel to get
me to LA :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

: I was lucky. I didn't have the locals explain as I past the sign.

I was on my way to Vegas from L.A. back in '04 when I saw the sign. I 'had'
to go see what the town looked like. It was mid-afternoon in July, and hot.
There wasn't a soul in sight. I looked around a little, shook my head and
headed back to I-15.