Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wrong knock-out

Hi,

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now
what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a
device that can close off this huge hole?

Thanks!

Sam
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now
what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a
device that can close off this huge hole?

Thanks!

Sam

There are reducer washers available for this. Another option
would be a box cover with a hole for 1/2" conduit. Fasten it to the box
with a couple screws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now
what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a
device that can close off this huge hole?

Thanks!

Sam

A big wad of duct tape around the wire will plug the hole.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 8:41*am, LSMFT wrote:
Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now
what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a
device that can close off this huge hole?

Thanks!

Sam

A big wad of duct tape around the wire will plug the hole.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........

I did this and just laid the knockout back in and secured it with a
couple dabs of epoxy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
Hi,

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now
what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a device
that can close off this huge hole?

Thanks!

Sam

Get a pair of 2" to 1/2" reducing washers

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So
now what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there
a device that can close off this huge hole?

Thanks!

Sam

You could hold the knock out in place, drill 2-3 holes around the circle, and
put screws and nuts or pop rivets with washers through the hole to hold it in
place. Knock out the right size hole first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now
what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a device
that can close off this huge hole?

*You can buy a knockout seal to close the 2" knockout and then use another
knockout in the panel. You could also buy a pair of reducing washers
2"x1/2" to use that opening for your connector.

Are you sure that is a 2" (Trade size) opening? Usually 2" concentric
knockouts only go down to 1" or sometimes 3/4", but every manufacturer is
different.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 8:13*am, Sam Takoy wrote:
Was putting a circuit in an electrical panel, and tried to get the
smallest knock-out out, but of course the largest (2"?) came out. So now
what do I do? Go get a 2" connector for a single wire or is there a
device that can close off this huge hole?

Right next to the 2" connectors at the electrical supply will be a box
of 2" plugs. Get one, pop it in, and get on with life.

Knock, knock Robatoy Woodworking 31 May 1st 07 01:14 PM
KNOCK-DOWN SAWHORSE J T Woodworking 1 September 18th 05 11:45 AM
knock down knock down ginger dave @ stejonda UK diy 35 February 17th 05 02:21 PM
Can I knock this down? Stephen Gower UK diy 5 November 19th 04 12:11 PM