Posted to alt.home.repair

Default copper powder and roses

Hello

has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose
bushes?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Paul Oman wrote:
Hello

has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose
bushes?

I've never heard of a powder to put around rose bushes for insect
control. Only ones I'm familiar with were dusted ON the plant.
Japanese beetles were the only bug that was a serious threat when I was
growing roses. My roses fed a lot of little beetles )

Copper that I'm familiar with is used as a fungicide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 6:31*am, Paul Oman wrote:
Hello

has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose
bushes?

Copper Sulfate is a poison, my state stopped selling it to the public,
I dont think its for insects.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:31:10 -0400, Paul Oman
wrote:

Hello

has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose
bushes?

Warning, copper salts can be very toxic, usually used to prevent
fungus. A rose systemic works well on sucking insects.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:28:52 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

A rose systemic works well on sucking insects.

A diluted dish detergent in a spray bottle will help control aphids.

Kills those little suckers. Or drowns them... cheap.