Bruno

Default Buy roses, protect your endmills and taps

So I bought my wife a dozen roses for her birthday today. The florist
puts these plastic things on the stems to keep them in water. They're
like test tubes (3" long) with plastic tops for the stem to stick
through.

Well, it turns out they work well for holding and protecting smaller
end mills and taps (up to about 3/8" OD and just under 3" long). On
the other hand, my wife is expecting roses more often now.

-Bruno
Rick Cook

Bruno wrote:
So I bought my wife a dozen roses for her birthday today. The florist
puts these plastic things on the stems to keep them in water. They're
like test tubes (3" long) with plastic tops for the stem to stick
through.

Well, it turns out they work well for holding and protecting smaller
end mills and taps (up to about 3/8" OD and just under 3" long). On
the other hand, my wife is expecting roses more often now.

-Bruno

If you want to forgo the roses, you can get those tubes from a florists'
supply store. They're called "florist's picks" or something like that.

(Of course frequent gifts of roses to your wife are a good idea for
other reasons.) :-)
Bruno

I wasn't intending to suggest that one should buy the roses to
protect their end mills and taps... only that I got some benefit too.

Can't imagine having 1000 of 'em. But I may drop by the florist to see
about getting a handful more. That's about all I'll need.

Now if they were just another 1/2" in length, all my other end mills
would fit.

-Bruno

"Keith Marshall" wrote:

Won't make the wife as happy but they're cheaper this way:

or if you don't want 1000:

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Bruno" wrote in message
.. .
So I bought my wife a dozen roses for her birthday today. The florist
puts these plastic things on the stems to keep them in water. They're
like test tubes (3" long) with plastic tops for the stem to stick
through.

Well, it turns out they work well for holding and protecting smaller
end mills and taps (up to about 3/8" OD and just under 3" long). On
the other hand, my wife is expecting roses more often now.

-Bruno

Randy Replogle

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
Won't make the wife as happy but they're cheaper this way:

In the old days they used to be green with points and barbs on the end. As a
kid I put them on the ends of sticks for homemade arrows.
Randy

Keith Marshall

I wasn't intending to suggest that one should buy the roses to
protect their end mills and taps... only that I got some benefit too.

I know but the miser in me couldn't resist finding a cheaper way. My wife's
kind of unusual and usually thinks flowers are a waste of good money anyway.
:-)

Now if they were just another 1/2" in length, all my other end mills
would fit.

They make a few different sizes, including a 4":

http://www.floralsupply.com/main_aquapic.htm

"Keith Marshall" wrote:

Won't make the wife as happy but they're cheaper this way:

or if you don't want 1000:

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"