Bruno

I wasn't intending to suggest that one should buy the roses to
protect their end mills and taps... only that I got some benefit too.

Can't imagine having 1000 of 'em. But I may drop by the florist to see
about getting a handful more. That's about all I'll need.

Now if they were just another 1/2" in length, all my other end mills
would fit.

-Bruno

"Keith Marshall" wrote:

Won't make the wife as happy but they're cheaper this way:

or if you don't want 1000:

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

"Bruno" wrote in message
.. .
So I bought my wife a dozen roses for her birthday today. The florist
puts these plastic things on the stems to keep them in water. They're
like test tubes (3" long) with plastic tops for the stem to stick
through.

Well, it turns out they work well for holding and protecting smaller
end mills and taps (up to about 3/8" OD and just under 3" long). On
the other hand, my wife is expecting roses more often now.

-Bruno