Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Fans

Which gives more airflo ,a 4 or 5 blade ceiling fan ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Posted to alt.home.repair

"desgnr" wrote in message
Which gives more airflo ,a 4 or 5 blade ceiling fan ?

Number of blades does not mean anything. You'd have to look at the CFM
rating. More important than number is the size, pitch, speed of the blade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
Which gives more airflo ,a 4 or 5 blade ceiling fan ?

It depends. Which has biggest diameter, size of blades, and steepest
pitch of blades? Assuming all those are the same, and the
blade-to-ceiling distance is the same, a 5-blade would. I haven't
noticed a 4-blade fan in use or in the stores, in years. (Not that I
have looked real hard, mind you. The question never came up for me.)

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
Which gives more airflo ,a 4 or 5 blade ceiling fan ?

Everything else being equal, 5 would give you more air flow than 4.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 28, 7:34*am, aemeijers wrote:

snip

I haven't
noticed a 4-blade fan in use or in the stores, in years.

Hunter still has 4 blade models, mostly smaller and specialty uses,
like kids' rooms.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 08:38:34 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

desgnr wrote:
Which gives more airflo ,a 4 or 5 blade ceiling fan ?

Everything else being equal, 5 would give you more air flow than 4.

One of my fans came with 5 blades, and with holes in the motor so you
can install 4 or 5. Is there any reason for preferring 4 blades?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color." -- Mark
Schnitzius on alt.atheism
Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
Which gives more airflo ,a 4 or 5 blade ceiling fan ?

Everything else being equal, 5 would give you more air flow than 4.

One of my fans came with 5 blades, and with holes in the motor so you
can install 4 or 5. Is there any reason for preferring 4 blades?

noise. fewer is slightly less noise but only really noticable at high speed

Ceiling Fans Kate[_5_] Home Repair 19 July 30th 09 06:01 PM
ceiling fans, a/c, what's right for me? [email protected] Home Repair 9 October 30th 06 05:59 PM
ceiling fans john wilson Home Repair 0 April 20th 06 05:28 AM
Ceiling fans next to ceiling diffusers [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 17th 05 06:36 PM
Vaulted Ceiling--Installing Ceiling Fans Dave Combs Home Repair 0 July 31st 05 02:24 AM