Posted to alt.home.repair

Default crown molding question- long piece, cut it but joined area hasbig gap

On Mar 20, 9:28*am, KOS wrote:
Hi, i just installed some crown molding in a room very long piece
25-35 feet. I had to cut it in two pieces.. The smaller piece where I
cut it is like 2 feet... But when I join it, (like a puzzle piece)
there is a pretty big gap there. Quite obvious, even when I paint it
it will show, what should I do???

Here is a link for you to check out and see if it would work for you.
I did this to the baseboards in the room I just finished and it looks
great. I also had a large gap in one of the corner joints and used the
caulk to fix it. It took a couple of applications for large gaps but
it worked great.

The key in choosing the right caulk is for it to be a blend of acrylic
and silicone, you can paint or stain it, low shrinkage and use water
clean-up.

http://www.askthebuilder.com/716_How...seboards.shtml

David