Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laminate flooring at doorway

I am installing laminate flooring. At the doorways, how far is the floor
supposed to go into the doorway? In other words, where do I put the endcap?
Do I put it before the doorstop or in-line with the doorstop, or under the
door when it's closed?

Thanks for your time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jack" wrote in message
I am installing laminate flooring. At the doorways, how far is the floor
supposed to go into the doorway? In other words, where do I put the
endcap? Do I put it before the doorstop or in-line with the doorstop, or
under the door when it's closed?

Thanks for your time.

As a general rule with all floor coverings, when the door is closed each
room should only see the covering that is in that room.

Your actual point may vary depending of the size of the endcap. Mine are
usually under the door when closed but they are narrow.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

Colbyt wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message
I am installing laminate flooring. At the doorways, how far is the floor
supposed to go into the doorway? In other words, where do I put the
endcap? Do I put it before the doorstop or in-line with the doorstop, or
under the door when it's closed?

Thanks for your time.

As a general rule with all floor coverings, when the door is closed each
room should only see the covering that is in that room.

Your actual point may vary depending of the size of the endcap. Mine are
usually under the door when closed but they are narrow.

Colbyt

I agree with Colbyt. In fact, I have two installers at my home right
now installing laminate flooring. That was my first question, and it
is being done just as Colbyt wrote.

Good luck!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:57:38 -0400, "Jack"
wrote:

I am installing laminate flooring. At the doorways, how far is the floor
supposed to go into the doorway? In other words, where do I put the endcap?
Do I put it before the doorstop or in-line with the doorstop, or under the
door when it's closed?

Thanks for your time.

At best, the same flooring is used in all rooms. In your case you
will see the seam when the door is opened, and not seen when closed.

Laminate flooring John UK diy 1 February 10th 08 09:51 AM
Laminate Flooring SteveC Home Repair 11 April 23rd 07 09:24 PM
Laminate Flooring [email protected] UK diy 1 June 18th 05 03:32 PM