Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Laminate flooring at doorway

Colbyt wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message
I am installing laminate flooring. At the doorways, how far is the floor
supposed to go into the doorway? In other words, where do I put the
endcap? Do I put it before the doorstop or in-line with the doorstop, or
under the door when it's closed?

Thanks for your time.

As a general rule with all floor coverings, when the door is closed each
room should only see the covering that is in that room.

Your actual point may vary depending of the size of the endcap. Mine are
usually under the door when closed but they are narrow.

Colbyt

I agree with Colbyt. In fact, I have two installers at my home right
now installing laminate flooring. That was my first question, and it
is being done just as Colbyt wrote.

Good luck!