Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home

...now covered with snow in MOSCOW, Ohio (video)

Plus he will need to bring the IRS to their knees and have them
surrender :-/

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone
decides they want to take it – no, I wasn't going to stand for that,
so I took it down," Hoskins said.""

http://www.wlwt.com/news/22600154/detail.html

Cabin Fever?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
..now covered with snow in MOSCOW, Ohio (video)

Plus he will need to bring the IRS to their knees and have them
surrender :-/

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone
decides they want to take it – no, I wasn't going to stand for that,
so I took it down," Hoskins said.""

http://www.wlwt.com/news/22600154/detail.html

Cabin Fever?

Wasn't very good at math, was he? )
Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

"Oren" wrote in message
..now covered with snow in MOSCOW, Ohio (video)

Plus he will need to bring the IRS to their knees and have them
surrender :-/

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone
decides they want to take it - no, I wasn't going to stand for that,
so I took it down," Hoskins said.""

http://www.wlwt.com/news/22600154/detail.html

Cabin Fever?

"Anger is building up. People are beginning to do unusual things. Terry
Hoskins bulldozed his house rather than allow a bank to foreclose on it. The
local TV station conducted an online survey and found that 79 percent of
respondents agreed with Hoskins' action."

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle24836.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
..now covered with snow in MOSCOW, Ohio (video)

Plus he will need to bring the IRS to their knees and have them
surrender :-/

"When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone
decides they want to take it - no, I wasn't going to stand for that,
so I took it down," Hoskins said.""

http://www.wlwt.com/news/22600154/detail.html

Cabin Fever?

Something here does not make any sense. The article states that he had an
offer of $170,000 to pay off $160,000 that he owed the bank, but the bank
refused claiming that they could get more if it went to foreclosure.

Unless something is wrong here and he actually owed more than he claimed,
anything over the amount owed would have to be given to the debtor would it
not?

It also seems to me that he might be facing some sort of criminal liability.
For instance if he would have torched the place it is still arson even if he
filed no insurance claim, so why would the same result with a bulldozer be
any different?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:16:18 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I think not criminal if the guy owns the home, before foreclosure? He
can do most anything but burn it.

Some localities have permit requirement for a home demolition. Perhaps
he gets a civil citation ticket?

If he knocks down his business building with the IRS lien on it ..
guess who wins :-\

--
I don't practice law

The home owner jon Home Repair 0 January 28th 08 03:29 PM
New Home Owner Suggestion hands on Home Repair 38 December 13th 07 05:55 AM
PEI HOME FOR SALE BY OWNER [email protected] Home Ownership 0 March 27th 07 06:27 AM
home owner insurance cancelled!!! miamicuse Home Repair 71 September 8th 05 11:09 PM
Home owner insurance... ? Brian Fisher Home Repair 22 January 11th 04 04:10 AM