Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair

Default Two different ends of the gas elbow

Just replacing the kitchen gas hob for a new one. It comes with a
right-angled pipe (an elbow), one end of which goes into the hob and one end
into the copper supply pipe.

The *threaded* part of one end of the right-angled pipe is about 4mm longer
than the threaded part of the other end.

Would it be the *longer* threaded part that goes into the hob or the
*shorter* threaded part?

Since I was supplied with a rubber washer to go into the hob connection
joint, should I use gas tape on both the threaded ends of the right-angle
pipe. Thanks for advice.

tennis elbow... Colin Wilson UK diy 48 September 6th 09 05:59 AM
tennis elbow... Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 3 August 14th 09 03:39 PM
DWV elbow types??? [email protected] Home Repair 3 May 26th 08 10:54 PM
Tennis elbow Eigenvector Home Repair 13 May 6th 07 02:40 AM
Turner's Elbow - what is it? Patrick Woodturning 5 September 19th 06 03:49 PM